08, Summer Catch.

Summer Catch.

Season One, Episode Five. Part One.

-

Early that morning Penelope and Susannah started to make her portrait. "P, you look absolutely stunning in that dress. 

Penelope smiled at Susannah, careful not to ruin the stance that she was in. She didn't want to mess Susannah up. "You think?"

Susannah stopped painting for a second and looked over at the girl, "I know." Penelope grinned at her and went back to her pose. "You know, you remind me a lot of your mom."

"Yeah, everyone tells me that. I honestly thought I looked more like my dad." Penelope shrugged.

"I don't mean it in that way sweetie. I mean, like, your personality."

"How so? My mom I feel like is the complete opposite of me."

Susannah pursed her lips, debating whether she should tell the girl about their teenage years together. "When we were younger, Lydia Hart was a party animal." 

Penelope smiled at the use of her maiden name. Then, she processed what Susannah had said and she laughed, and she laughed loudly. "My mom? A party animal? You're joking. You have to be."

Susannah shook her head, "Nope. Not joking at all. Ask Laurel."

"I can't believe that, Susannah. I'm sorry." 

Susannah shrugged, "You don't have to believe me if you don't want to. But know I'm telling the truth." Penelope laughed once more and they continued on with the painting.

-

Last night before he left, Belly asked Cam to take her to the ball. This meant that Penelope was the only one without a date. 

Belly, Penelope, and Cam walked into the ballroom. Penelope sighed when she saw she was the only one without a date. "P, don't worry about it. We'll keep you company." Belly assured the girl.

"Yeah! And I'm sure you aren't the only one without a date." Cam shrugged at the girl. She looked over at him, then pointed to everyone around them. Cam gave her a small smile.

Penelope and Cam began talking, Belly was too distracted by her phone. She was texting someone, and Penelope desperately wanted to find out who. Penelope was a perfect example of someone is nosy. She likes knowing other peoples business. 

Shayla and Steven walked over to the three, "Hey guys!" Shayla greeted them with a smile. 

"Hey Shayla! You look gorgeous." Penelope grinned at her. Cam waved at Shayla with a smile. Penelope and Cam carried on with their conversation. They were talking about global warming and the effect humans have on the Earth. 

Belly gasped finding it to be a perfect time to apologize, "Hey. I'm so sorry. I was such a mess yesterday." She shook her head, "I-I really hope I didn't screw things up that bad." She looked at the couple, who looked happy.

Shayla looked over at Steven, "It's okay. We're good." She smiled.

Steven chuckled, "Yeah. But you were a Tasmanian devil, though."

Shayla hit him lightly, "Be nice. We've all been there." Shayla looked over at Belly and clicked her tongue. She lowered her voice when she spoke, hoping no one would overhear, "The first time I got drunk, I FaceTimed each one of my exes, one by one, and made them tell me why we broke up."