12, Summer Love.

Summer Love.

Season One, Episode Seven. Part One.

-

Belly was now taking Conrad to the ball, she broke things off with Cam last night. She felt horrible for being with him when all she wanted was to be with Conrad. So, when Conrad asked her if she would go with him, she agreed. 

Penelope was in her bed reading when Susannah rushed into her room with a cup of Apple Juice, "Good morning, P!" She placed the drink next to her on her nightstand, holding one more glass full of orange juice. 'Probably for Belly' Penelope thought

"Morning Susannah!" She smiled and grabbed the cup, "Thank you!"

"I have to go wake Belly up but I wanted to come talk to you!" Susannah placed the orange juice on the nightstand and climbed into bed with Penelope. "Are you ready for your big day?"

Penelope sat up and sighed, "I guess." she shrugged.

"You're going to do amazing, P! Both of you are." Susannah placed an hand on her shoulder. "I'm so excited!" 

Susannah looked at her and smiled, "You know, I still don't understand how you got Jeremiah to go with you. He swore he'd never go to one of these things!"

Penelope looked down at her fingers and shrugged, "He said he doesn't mind." 

Susannah's smile faltered a little, "Did I push you into this? Do you want to do this?"

Penelope looked up and made eye contact with her, "I didn't really want to, but I did it for you. You've been so excited about this, like, mine and Belly's entire life." she shrugged, "So, I don't mind."

Susannah sighed, "Look, honestly, we don't even need to go tonight. I'm sure Belly wouldn't even mind. And I know everyone else won't mind."

She laughed at Susannah, "Susannah, really, it's fine. I want to do this for you, and so does Belly. Don't worry."

"Are you sure?" Susannah said, getting off the bed grabbing Belly's drink.

"Positive."

Susannah nodded at Penelope and walked out of the door, "Get ready! You're leaving soon. I love you!"

Penelope nodded, "I love you too!" she laughed and got out of bed, beginning to get ready.

-

Penelope walked down the stairs and into the kitchen and saw Jeremiah, Conrad, and Dean there, "Hi guys." she smiled. 

Conrad smiled, "P, want a muffin?" He pushed the box over to her.

"The good ones?" Penelope said with wide eyes. Conrad nodded and she grabbed a muffin out of the box. 

As she was about to bite into it, Belly came down. Conrad looked over at her, "Hey, good morning, I, uh" he looked at the muffins, "I got some of the good muffins."

Penelope walked over to Jeremiah and Dean, who were throwing cereal in the air, trying to catch it. "You're making a mess, guys."

"No, We are not. We're good at catching these." Dean scoffed.

Penelope looked at the floor, which had pieces of cereal everywhere, then back up to them. 

"Never mind, I'm good at catching it." He pointed to Jeremiah, "He is not."

Jeremiah looked at the floor and rolled his eyes, "Whatever."

Susannah and Lydia walked into the room, holding the two dresses. Laurel walked in as well, and walked to the counter. "Belly, Penelope. You guys should get going! You don't wanna be late." Susannah smiled. 

Then she turned and looked at the family room, "Oh, and everyone, stay out of the family room. I've done all your paintings and tonight after the ball we'll have a big unveiling!" 

Everyone nodded and Belly and Penelope, with the permission of Laurel to drive, were on there way over to the ball.

-

Penelope and Belly arrived at the ball and walked into the dressing room. Everyone was getting ready and they felt awkward. Shayla walked up to them and smiled, "You guys are here! Come, I saved you guys spots." She grabbed their hands and pulled them over.

Belly was next to Nicole, and Penelope sat next to Belly. As Shayla was walking away she stopped in front of Nicole. "Hey" catching all of their attention, "You two should really talk." She pointed at Nicole and Belly. 

Penelope nodded at Belly and turned back to the table, beginning her makeup. Penelope listened as Belly told her side of the story. She smiled when she heard them make up (sorta) and continued to finish her makeup.

-

Penelope and Belly were in line, Belly in front of Penelope. They were holding their bouquets and Penelope put a hand on Belly's shoulder as she heard her breathing heavily, "You are gonna do great."

After Belly went out it was Penelope turn. She looked over at Jeremiah and smiled, and he returned the smile. He gave her a nod once they called her name, "Next is Penelope Laurier. Daughter of Lydia and Elijah Laurier."

She walked out and met Jeremiah half way, they linked arms as the lady continued speaking. She walked over to her mom and curtsied with a teasing smile. 

When she walked back to Jeremiah she whispered to him, "How was the curtsy?"

He grinned, "The queen would be proud." She nodded.

They waited for everyone else and watched as everyone began clapping for them.

While everyone was clapping, Laurel got up out of her seat and walked away. Penelope looked at her weirdly, then to Belly. Belly turned to her and the two silently began talking. They didn't understand why she left.

-

Author's Note

ok guys i'm gonna try to finish this before the 21st bc i'm going on vacation for two weeks and wont be able to come on here lol maybe i'll download wattpad on my phone but i still wont be updating anything

these last two chapters r probably gonna be the shortest bc there isn't much dialogue honestly lmao sorry i tried making this 1000 words but its 950 but its also the first 20 minutes and thats how i've been making all the other chapters so idk lol