PROLOGUE: THE HANGING PARTY.

Prologue :
"Only the dead can keep a secret."

________________

"Don't you think... That's too much?"

That time...

I didn't know they were already this rotten.

"What do you mean by too much? She asked for it."
Jay told me, looking up and laughing while he took a sip on his red cup of alcohol. Sunoo who was next to him was filming the entire scene. a satisfied smile stifled on his face, recording every seconds of it.

I felt numb. This is ridiculous yet I can't do anything about it. if i were to do something, i'll be an enemy to everyone. 

I slowly looked up, horror painting my eyes as she struggles for her life. I want to move and help her, yet one single move and everyone here will try to destroy me too. And I can't win against everyone. each and every member of the Star Class came from a very prominent bloodline, every name on the attendance are parts of history. 

"You'll just speed up your death, Hayan-ah! Don't try to struggle and just cry!"
Heeseung yelled at her, making the whole class laugh and whistle in joy and excitement.

I thought this is the Star Class. The class of perfection where everyone excels at something. The whole school knew them as the paragon of the students, even after being socialites...

Kind

Compassionate

A true body of a leading class.

Why...

Why are we watching someone commit suicide?

"H-Help me!! P-p-please- ackkk!! Help!!!"
Jung Hayan tried struggling, tryng to take the rope off her neck. She was one of us.  A very kind girl, the editor in chief of the school's publication. even though she's one of the scholars of the unversity that came from a middle-class family, she went to the Star Class because of her intelligence. She tried fitting inside the class. She tried everything, even if no one welcomed her kindly. You can even call me a hypocrite for suddenly sympathizing for her 

She just wanted to be one of us. She thought the fruit of her labour within the year of being a part of the section will finally blossom tonight on the exclusive party held for her Birthday. She tried dressing well for the first time... even buying an expensive gown that could cost her family a fortune just for today. and yet here she is.

she was standing on a pedestal earlier, not until the pedestal started moving up until it reached the ceiling. there, a small rope with a circular end met her and she was dared by the class president. 

"This is your final test, Hayan-ah! If you can try and hang yourself on that rope for a minute without standing on the pedestal, you'll officially be a part of the Class-A! You want that, right?"
Yang Jungwon shouted at her, looking up since she's 40 feet higher than us. Hayan looked at the rope in front of her and gulped, staring down where we are.

"w-won't i die here...?"
She asked, hesitant. Yang Jungwon let out a soft laugh before rolling his eyes. 

"It's just a little jokey joke for the show. we'll bring the pedestal back once we finished filimng so do not worry. we won't let you die."
Yang Jungwon assured her that it will be okay. I can already hear my classmates evily giggling at her back, trying their best to not get caught. I can see Hayan gulping, holding the rope in front of her.