SEVEN : SEPARATION ANXIETY

seven:

"Shades of grey don't sell like black and whites, do they?"

___________________

Ryeon.

It was fear that surrounded the whole cabin as we reached the end point of the first game. Seconds remained on the timer, and we were almost done on the conclusion.

Inside the safe railcars were half of us who have survived from the first game. All bloody, some were not in the right state of mind, some has blood on their clothes, some remained calm and composed while the others just don't give a fuck at all.

"Ryeon..."
Sunghoon gave me a bottle of water, sitting right next to me. The railcar was wide with side seats cushioned to perfection, much more of like an expensive subway than the rest of the other railcars.

"This is insane."
He leaned his head on the tempered glass window as he breath out the words from his mouth. He stared up front, eyes not giving focus to what is in front of him and his head wandering through different places.

"I wonder... how long we'll need to play to survive."
I spoke, snapping him back to reality as I gaze at the countdown on top of the door. It turned to full zeros, telling us that the first game just ended.

There were still other students remaining on the other train. Most of them are still alive too. You can still hear their desperate shouts for their own survival as they try to grasp the locked door of their railcar. The guards guarding the safe railcars started detaching theirs that only means one thing.

They will be left behind.

"Won't you look at that..."
Lee Heeseung, the first person to go on the safe railcar watched as how the guards on the other railcar detach it from the on going train.

-Congratulations to the players that survived the first game. May y'all be guided by the Veritas on your next destination.-

Another monotonous voice of an AI lady erupted from the speaker of the place. She was answered with dead silence and you can get a butter knife to slice it.

Worse, it was not the butter knife that corrupted the silence around the place soon as a huge explosion that I conclude the bombs left on the other railcars exploded.

"Fuck..."
I heard someone breath out as we stare at the railcars that just exploded.

Everyone was killed. That's for sure. What the fuck.

I brushed my hand up my face as I close my eyes and just wondered to myself.

What have I done to experience all this?

"This is not real... this is not real..."
I heard one of my classmates, Gongju told her self as she take grasp of her hair and pull it. Taeho was the one who tried calming her down, the hero that he is. I wonder how did he survived.

"There's no point dwelling if this is real or not." Yang Jungwon walked pass me, Next to him was Jay who has blood all over his clothes, probably from a huge fight that costed one's life, "the fact that we need to survive here is the only thing that natters." Jungwon continued, head held up high as we approach the light. The end of the tunnel. My theory of the train going on a circle was right, when the game ended, a track was changed and we are finally approaching the exit of the dark tunnel.

I shut my eyes closed, the light of day finally hitting my vision which made me automatically adjust towards the light.

The sound of the train speeding was heard alongside the opening of my eyes. Finally, the vision of where we are finally hoes clear.