NINE : AEGIS

nine :

"People are poison. Don't let them creep on your veins."

___________________

Ryeon.

"This sucks... so we need to stay here until what? Until we die?"
Jessica, one of our classmates and the cheerleading captain threw a feat as we stay at the cafeteria right now. It's our first night here, and surprisingly at least they are not starving us with dinner being served here at the cafeteria.

However, beggars can't be choosers. It's not like they are serving real foods here. A tiny piece of wheat bread, a bland soup, one baked sweet potato and a boiled egg is not necessarily something most of us eat normally.

"This is not food. Trash!!"
Jessica was cursing out the food she was being given, and most of our followers do too. I toop a sip on my glass of water and just watched them from the rear. God knows how entitled this children are.

"Why are you alone?"
Park Sunghoon put his tray down in front of me and sat on the seat at my table. I looked at him, then looked around before looking back at him.

"There's so many seats available, stay away from me."
I told him to fuck off, which only made him laugh.

"Oh c'mon, Ryeon. It's not like you'd kill me too if i don't fuck off, hmm?"
He teased me with a snarking remark, imitating the way I threw the metal bar to Shira back when we were at the train. I clicked my tongue, rolling my eyes and just did not acknowledge his presence so I won't be stressed out even more.

"We need to device a plan."
Jungwon appeared next to me and sat by my side. He's accompanied by Jay and Sunoo who glared at Sunghoon before rolling his eyes.

"We'll be staying here for quite a while, what do you think will happen first before everything else?"
Jungwon asked me. I looked at him, thinking the same thing.

He's still under my suspicion. I still need to know why did he lie earlier. I'll keep him close just so I could see his ulterior motives.

"Monarchy will soon raise. Someone needs to step up as a leader."
Sunoo whispered which made me nod. That's typical, especially when we all know that we're honna die sooner or later. We need to be smart and not panic. We need someone to lead the pack.

"Why not vote me as your president?"
Lee Heeseung appeared in front of us and filled the vacant space next to Sunghoon. He looked at Sunghoon who gave him a stone-like expression before shaking his head.

"You're a psychopath, Hyung."
Sunghoon whispered to him which made Heeseung laugh.

After earlier, on the brink of death, everyone was desperate. That's where everyone's color showed.

And seeing the true colors of each person in this table, I couldn't help but look at them differently now.

Who among them will kill me tomorrow? Who knows, but there's a possibility.

I was snapped back to reality from my thoughts when I heard someone clapping. The small chatters filling up the air inside the cafeteria went silent for a moment, and everyone's attention went towards the guy that clapped his hands to gather everyone's eyes.

"Attention, Everyone!"
It's Seon Taeho.

"How do I start this... I know every one of us are scared and anxious about everything... we are here with half of our feet on our grave after all. We all do not want to die, so I would like to take this moment and call everyone's attention... So all of us can work together as a team and survive with all of us here inside this room."