THREE : THE A-TRAIN

three:

"only those you trust can betray you... So beware."

______________

Ryeon.

the sound of the loud horns of a traditionally-made steam engine train erupted in my ears as I slowly gain back my senses. my surroundings were shaky, but not shaky enough of me to stumble upon the soft couch I was sitting on. my head is slumped on a porcelain table in front of me. I slowly raise my head and opened my eyes, my vision slowly adjusting from the sunlight. It's already morning? hell.

Where are we? that was the first thing I asked myself after my vision completely adjusted to my surroundings. I am inside a steam engine train when i remember my lastremaining memory on a yatch. Right. We were drugged.

I looked around, It seems like everyone is here in the train. Why are we here? Where are we going? What the fuck is happening.

Shivers came running down my spine as I saw men blocking the door towards the other railcar at the front. They were all wearing black suits and bunny masks as well. I remembered the men from the yatch. They have the same attire.

I saw a small white envelope in front of me. I took it, since it has my name and checked the outer layer of the small piece of paper.

"Don't open it."
I gazed at the side, seeing Yang Jungwon also awake across the train. There were four people on each table. The people on mine is me, heeseung, shira and gongju.
On the other side, It was Yang Jungwon, Therese, Angelica and Taeho.

"Why?"
I asked him, hands playing with the envelope. I can see how fright covered Yang Jungwon's eyes as he quickly stood up from his seat to reach out to me.

"I said don't!!"
He yelled, holding my wrists thight. I shivered, seeing him all worked up and sweating just because of a small envelope.

"Read that... "
I was near the aisle, so I could just tilt my head to the side to check for whag is happening across the hallway of the railcar.

On top of the door that leads the front railcars that were guarded by two men in bunny masks is a digital signage, flashing one sentence on red lights.

DO NOT OPEN THE ENVELOPES!!

flashing red, a warning. I gazed at Yang Jungwon who turned towards the back of our railcar. His eyes were covered in fear, his lips trembling.

And only did I notice.

A pool of blood...

And a fucking corpse at the back of the railcar. It was one of our classmates. I almost vomit the moment I saw his face full of holes from gunshots. His brain almost leaking out from his head while his eyes are still open, mouth wide agape.

"They shot him. I saw it myself when he tried opening his envelope."
Jungwon explained to me. Now it all makes sense.

They are going to kill us. All of us.

I stood up from my seat and rushed my way towards the men in bunny masks.

"What the hell is wrong with you all?!!-"
I was met with the mouth of a gun getting pointed towards my head. Silenced, I stared at the dark eyes of the bunny mask.

"Why are you doing this??!!"
I asked the guy pointing his gun on me. He did not answer, nor made a move. The gun is still pointed towards me. Anytime he can shoot me dead. I'm scared stiff. I don't want to die yet but I just can't surrender from unfair things like this.