{Act 3} A New Club (Part 2)

"Why don't you cone sit down, Z?" The boys have a few desks arranged to form a table. Taeyoung walks to the corner of the room and opens the closet. Meanwhile, Jesse and Robaire sit across from each other. Still feeling awkward, I take a seat next time Jesse. "So, I know you didn't really plan on coming here... but we'll make sure you feel right at home, okay? As president of the Literature Club, it's my duty to make the club fun and exciting for everyone!" Jesse explains. "I'm surprised there aren't more people in the club yet it must be hard to start a new club" "You could put it that way not many people are very interested in putting out all the effort to start something brand new... especially when it's something that doesn't grab your attention, like literature. You have to work hard to convince people that you're both fun and worthwhile. But it makes school events, like the festival, that much more important. I'm confident that we can all really grow this club before we graduate! Right, Roabire?" "Well...I guess" Robaire reluctantly agrees. Such different boys, all interested in the same goal...Jesse must have worked really hard just to fine these two. Taeyoung returns to the table, carrying a tea set. He carefully places a teacup in front of each of us before setting down the teapot in the middle. "You keep a whole tea set in this classroom?" "Don't worry, the teachers gave us permission after all, doesn't a hot cup of tea help you enjoy a good book?" "Ah... I-I guess..." "Ehehe, don't let yourself get intimidated, Taeyoung's just trying to impress you" Jesse says out of the blue. "Eh?! T-That's not..." insulted, Taeyoung looks away. "Well, tea and reading might not be a pastime for me, but I at least enjoy tea" "I'm glad..." Taeyoung faintly smiles to himself in relief. "So, Z, what kinds of things do you like to read?" He asks. "Well... Ah..." Considering how little I've read these past few years, I don't really have a good way of answering that. "...Manga..." I mutter quietly to myself, half-joking. Robaire's head suddenly perks up. It looks like he wants to say something, but he keeps quiet. "N-Not much of a reader, I guess..." "..Well, that can change..." What am I saying? I spoke without thinking after seeing Taeyoung's sad smile. "Anyway, what about you, Taeyoung?" "Well, let's see..." Taeyoung traces the rim of his teacup with his finger. "My favourites are usually novels that build deep and complex fantasy worlds. The level of creativity and craftsmanship behind them is amazing to me. And telling a good story in such a foreign world is equally impressive" Taeyoung goes on, clearly passionate about his reading. He seemed so reserved and timid since the moment I walked in, but it's obvious by the way his eyes light up that he find his comfort in the world of books, not people. "But you know, I like a lot of things stories with deep psychological elements usually immerse me as well isn't it amazing how a writer can so deliberately take advantage of your own lack of imagination to completely throw you for a loop? Anyway, I've been reading a lot of horror lately..." "Ah, I read a horror book once..." I desperately grasp something I can relate to at the minimal level. At this rate, Taeyoung might as well be having a conversation with a rock. "Ahaha. I'd expect that from you, Taeyoung it suits your personality" "Oh, is that so? Really, if a story makes me think, or takes me to another world, then I really can't put it down. Surreal horror is often successful at changing the way you look at the world, if only for a brief moment" "Ugh, I hate horror..." "Oh? Why's that?" "Well, I just..." Robaire's eyes dart over to me for a split second. "Nevermind"

(Time skip cause I am lazy af(to the bit if Z wants to join or not))

"Do you agree as well, Z?" Taeyoung asks. "Hold on...there's still one problem" "Eh? What's that?" Jesse asked. Now that we've reached the most important topic, I bluntly come forth with what's been on my mind the entire time. "I never said I would join this club! Jesse may have convinced me to stop by, but I never made any decision I still have other clubs to look at, and...um..." I lose my train of thought. All 3 boys stare back at me with dejected eyes. "B-But..." Jesse stutters. "I'm sorry, I thought..." Taeyoung looks sad... "Hmph" "Eh...?" The boys exchange glances before Jesse turns back to me. "I...guess I need to tell you the truth, Z. The thing is...we don't have enough members yet to form an official club we need four...and I've been trying really, really hard to find new members. And if we don't find one more before the festival..." "..." I...I'm defenseless against these boys. How am I supposed to make a clear-headed decision when it's like this? I would feel terrible for letting everyone down in this situation...and besides, the club itself seems pretty relaxed...so, if writing poems is the price I need to pay in order to spend everyday with these beautiful boys... "...Right okay, I've decided, then I'll join the Literature Club" One by one, the boys' eyes light up.  "Oh my goodness, really? Do you really mean that, Z?" "Yeah... it could be fun, right?" "You really did scare me for a moment..." Taeyoung says relieved. "I mean, if you really left after all this, I would be super pissed" Robaire says. "Z, I'm so happy... we can become an official club now! Thank you so much for this. You're really amazing I'll do everything I can to give you a great time, okay?" "Ah...thanks, I guess" "Okay, everyone! I think with that, we can officially end today's meeting on a good note. Everyone remember tonight's assignment: write a poem to bring to the next meeting, so that we can all share!" Jesse looks over at me once more "Z, I look forward to seeing how you express yourself ehehe~" "Y-Yeah..." Can I really impress the class star Jesse with my mediocre writing skills? I already feel the anxiety welling up inside me. Meanwhile, the boys continue to chit-chat as Taeyoung cleans up the tea set. "I guess I'll be on my way, then..." "Okay! I'll see you tomorrow, then I can't wait!" Jesse says. With that, I depart the clubroom and make my way home. The whole way, my mind wanders back and forth between the three boys: Robaire, Taeyoung, and, of course, Jesse. Will I really be happy spending everyday after school in a literature club? Perhaps I'll have the chance to grow closer to one of these girls...Alright! I'll just need to make the most of my circumstances, and I'm sure good fortune will find me. And I guess that starts with writing a poem tonight...

You have unlocked a special poem would you like to read it?

Yes>

No

{Yes has been selected}

A Joke

A man walked into a club.
In the club, there was a boy who liked him very much.
They spent some time together, and then he liked him even more.

One day, the boy realized he was in love with him.
Before disaster could happen, a third party intervened with his programming.

Suddenly, the boy hated himself for being in love.
This contradiction caused the script to derail.

The universe started to collapse, but he k1ll3d himself just in time.

(Ayo os that a reference to earlier in the game- btw this is what is written in the game ddlc)

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Would you like to save your progress?

Yes>

No

{Yes has been selected.}

Words: 1327

Anyways this iqas fun ig and yeah.