18: threat

The two were walking on the street after Taehyung accepted the offer to let Jungkook accompany him home. There was a long silence since they left the store. Taehyung didn't dare to speak up, he felt a strange vibe coming from Jungkook, he couldn't read the other, there were so many different things in his eyes.

"I am sorry for kissing you just now...i didn't think it through before acting." Jungkook said, suddenly speaking up. "I was just rushing things again..... I am not good with these things, I've never had a boy or girlfriend before... now i think it did something wrong, i should have waited"

"Jungkook.." Taehyung halted in his steps and looked at the other. even if Taehyung did agree it was soon but he did not feel bad about the kiss. it did feel good he did not regret allowing it either,

Jungkook looked down and felt so confused inside. He wants this so bad he is rushing through things. He is so scared to lose Taehyung, to lose his interest, he doesnt want that. He finally found a new purpose, he is so desperate to make this work he is confusing himself.

"Don't beat yourself over what happened, it's fine really" Taehyung placed a comforting hand on the raven's back. "we can just take a step back and continue where we left off."

"you're so kind to me"

"don't mention it, I like you and I hope things will work out," Taehyung said, speaking honestly, Jungkook was quite open about how he felt about Taehyung so he will be open too.

Jungkook opened his mouth to speak when he heard something behind them. He turned his head, his eyes peeking under the hood into the empty street behind them. But he didn't see anything. "Let's keep walking, '' he said, grabbing Taehyung's hand to make him follow. Not seeing the blush that crept on Taehyung's face and the stare at their hands.

Taehyung didn't know why Jungkook was in a hurry suddenly but he was too busy trying to stop blushing to even think about asking for it. Before he knew it they arrived at his apartment. Jungkook let go of his hand both feeling a little sad that the warmth of the other's hand was gone.

"Were here"

"Ah yes....thank you for walking with me" taehyung said not knowing why he was so shy suddenly. was it really just the hand holding? he chuckled at himself mentally and looked at the other. "When will I see you again?"

"soon, i want to take you somewhere" jungkook replied. "I just have to make time for us to go" he had to make sure none of his boss' men were around when they were going to visit the spot. It will be difficult but jungkook had a plan for it. He will be at two places at the same time, it was the only way.

"Okay, I will look forward to it, '' Taehyung smiled.

"Thank you, I won't make you wait long," Jungkook smiled and said his goodbye. He stayed in front of the apartment stairs as he watched taehyung go inside. When the boy was out of his sight he turned around and ran back into the street they just came from, making a sharp turn into the alley which they just passed.

He knew he was here. He reached in his jacket and took out his knife pointing it at the figure who came around the corner.

"Wha-" the man gasped when he was face to face with the tip of a knife and cod eyes.

"I am not blind" jungkook hissed and jumped forward, stabbing the man in his stomach before he could react. "i will not allow any danger near him, no matter who they are" jungkook twisted the knife and covered the man's mouth to muffle the scream from pain. "I can't have that, boss can't know, boss is danger. You are danger, danger needs to be removed '' Jungkook chuckled when he felt the hot blood ooze over his hand from the knife wound. He pulled the knife out and watched the man buckle over in pain.

"you're crazy!" The man shouted and coughed up blood which splashed on the cold ground. "you're sick, boss will not like this!"

"I'm just protecting what I love," Jungkook said softly, kneeling in front of the other. "And you all made me like this, don't go cry about it now" his eyes darkened and he grabbed the man's hair so he won't look away and stabbed the knife in both his eyes. "Your eyes have seen him, they need to be removed" Violently he used his fingers and knife to remove the eyeballs. The man tried to fight him off but Jungkook didn't budge. He didn't stop messing up the other's body, not even when the scream had died down and the body went cold.

"he can't know, he can't know '' jungkook repeated over and over as he searched the guard's clothes, taking out his cellphone, he looked at it not knowing the code and ruffled his hair frustrated. "What to do, no no" he walked around nervously trying to crack the password but failing and blocking the cellphone. "FUCK!" He threw the phone at the wall trying to break it. stopping on it with his foot and a brick that was laying nearby. He didn't leave anything useful of the phone.

He could now only hope the guard didn't do anything yet.

"calm down jungkook, you got rid of the threat. Just go home okay" he told himself and started walking back to his 'home'. his hands were dripping with blood, he did not bother to wipe them off. He had other things on his head right now. things more important for him.

-

After a long walk in the dark he arrived back at the mansion he was told to call 'home'. But it did not feel welcoming at all. He didn't feel at home. It felt like returning to a prison. a prison made for him. Jungkook didn't announce his arrival and went straight to his room and bathroom. locking the door from the inside. He undressed and turned on the shower.

"You're a good person," Jungkook told himself while stepping inside and washing the blood off his body. not only the blood from the guard he just killed but also the old blood from earlier this day. He had only cleaned his face but his chest was still colored with red smudged from his previous clothes. He didn't have time to shower before meeting taehyung, he only quickly changed his shirt in the car. "you're protecting someone there is no way he knows"

"He can't know, there is no way. stop talking Jungkook, shut up" he hit his head a few times with his shaking hands, only now realising how cold the water was. He turned it to warm and relaxed under the water.

*knock knock*

"Jungkook"

That's when jungkooks body went cold. not from the water but from the call of his name.

It was Seung.

---

thank you for reading. i love this story okay bye see you in the next update!

🌼🌼🌼