20: roses

The next day Taehyung was walking to his work, he had to work the morning shift today. He wished to just stay in bed a little longer but he had already snoozed his alarm three times. There was almost no one on the streets. Most shops were still closed, there were a few trucks here and there to deliver supplies and that was about it.

"Where are my keys...." taehyung muttered as he searched his pockets for the shop keys. "don't tell me I forgot them...shit" he began feeling his pockets more violently and turned around stressed. "shi-hm?" when he turned around he could see someone standing across the road. "hello" he said.

"Hey, sorry I thought you were open already," the man replied. "i will come back later i think"

"oh no need, you can come in. i was just about to open. is there something specific you're looking for?'' Taehyung asked while he finally found the keys in his inner pocket and opened the door.

"uhm not really, i was hoping to get some advice on a gift for someone."

"a gift?" Taehyung walked behind the counter and dropped his things under the desk. While he was talking he set up everything for the day. "hmm what kind of gift? like a bouquet, a single flower or one of these decorations like the ones with birds?"

"Hmm I think a small bouquet will do, not too big, just a small one with a few cute flowers." The man looked around the shop, taking a few flowers from the buckets. "What flower do you recommend? i have no knowledge of them or what he might like"

"Hmm well my personal favorite are roses, the dark red ones" Taehyung smiled, these flowers reminded him of Jungkook who would buy one each time from him.

"Then I will pick those," the man said, grabbing a few roses from the bucket and taking them to the counter. "Can you decorate it cutely?"

"of course, do you want to add a note to it as well?" Taehyung asked and got started.

"yes, do you mind writing it for me? I don't have good handwriting. it's embarrassing" the man looked away awkwardly. "sorry for bothering you with all this so early"

"no no, don't worry about it. I am happy to help. I am sure the person who gets this will be very happy. Flowers might be a basic gift but i think it is the best gift with a message"

"You're right."

"Okay, there we go. Is this okay?" taehyung showed the man the example of the bouquet before he tied it together.

"perfect"

The flower boy finished making the bouquet and took the note the customer wanted to be added to it. "so, what do I write?"

"A special gift for you. with the squiggly line after it" the man said, moving his finger to show the thing he wanted.

"ah yes, like this?" Taehyung showed the man the note and the man smiled nodding happily.

"i can't wait to give it to him"

"him? is it a boy? oh how cute!"

"A-ah yea, it's a boy," the man said, his smile fading a little.

"don't worry, I have nothing against it. I fall for boys too, i am currently dating one. i only support it"

"You're too kind" the man chuckled and took the flowers. his eyes were staring at taehyung who typed the price for the payment.

The man paid for the flowers and left the store carrying the flowers with him.

-

That same day Jungkook was in his room, still locked inside. He had tried to escape, but the guards put him back here, with a few more bruises that he already had.

"its okay, hes okay" jungkook told himself. "he doesn't know...there is no way."

"Look at that, this time flies today." he chuckled at himself and got off the bed walking to the window he looked outside glaring at the six guards that stood below his window staring at him when he peeked outside. they were really not letting him breathe even a second. they all were watching him every second since Seung locked him in here. "stupid guards" he mouthed, one shouted something and waved his hand at him so jungkook closed the curtains and walked back to his bed sitting down.

He hated being locked away but this was 100 times better than in the broom closet. He was only in the dark room when he loses his control over his actions. This was just to prevent him from leaving the house.

"what if he does...no he can't know my Taehyungie. Taehyung is mine. only mine" jungkook stared at the mirror looking at himself. "Why would he stay with me...i am not normal" his voice was soft. "i am not good for him.... i am a murderer, i cant love someone. im a bad person"

"no no no, no i am good. I don't want to do this. so im good right? no but i still do it...i am a bad person. i only bring harm to people i know.... Shh Jungkook shut it. its all fine.He told you not to worry." jungkook spoke to himself his expression moving from smiles to sad faces. he didn't know what he was feeling right now.

He took a deep breath and folded his shaking hands under his legs to make them stop. "Funny hands"

he was totally in his own world of stress when there was a knock on the door.

"Jungkookie," a voice sang. Jungkook frowned and turned to the door.

"leave me alone"

"why? Am I not allowed to give you something?" Hajoon said after he unlocked the door and looked inside. "Maybe it will cheer you up" the man threw something into the room and immediately closed the door, locking it.

Jungkook stayed on his bed staring at the thing on the ground. Slowly he stood up and bent down grabbing the bouquet on the floor. They were roses. the roses he always bought when he would visit the grave.

He frowned, taking a look at the note that was attached.

'A special gift for you~'

He recognized these cards...these roses...the wrapping.

"No.... no no no no no '' jungkook dropped the roses and looked around in his room walking to the mirror to look at himself. "what have you done! its all your fault!" he shouted at himself. "you're so selfish!" he fell to his knees gripping his hair. "taehyung. Taehyung no. no no. I have to get out. i have to keep him safe" his hands moved over the ground as if he was searching for something. "i have to leave"

He didn't know what he was doing or trying to do, he couldn't think straight. Before he knew it his room was trashed. only his bed was still on the same spot. He sat there between the mess staring at his trembling hands. hands he never seemed to be able to control.

"i have to go, i have to go...no no no" jungkook's hands were trembling, he had to do something. The stress was getting too much for him. He didnt realise someone was in his room until he felt a hand stroke through his black locks.

"Jungkook, my boy. what did you do to your room?" Seung's voice was heard. "you seem upset"

Jungkook did not reply.

"alright, you can come down to my office while the guards clean the mess. Get you some good food. we can't have you lose your strength now do we?"

Seung walked back to the door waiting for Jungkook to follow him. his eyes looking at the bouquet of the ground.

---

Thank you for reading, see you in the next chapter!

🌼🌼🌼