19: suspicion

Jungkook didn't know what to do, he hoped to just disappear or Seung to walk away.

Why was he here...

Did he know?

"Jeon Jungkook, you answer me when I call you. I know you're in there. i am not deaf" Seung spoke up again.

"Yes"

"finish up your shower, i want to speak with you. i will be waiting"

"Yes" Jungkook answered and heard Seung's footsteps fade. After what Seung said he didn't even properly finish his shower and turned the water off. "don't speak Jungkook," he told himself as he got ready to meet his boss.

-

Earlier that evening when taehyung was back in his apartment he had opened the window to get some fresh air inside. "just a little snack" he chuckled and grabbed the berries off the fruit bowl in his kitchen.

He was enjoying the silence before he would go to bed when he heard.... a scream? Taehyung froze and looked at his opened window where he heard the sound from. Was it really a scream? it did sound like it.

He approached the window and looked outside trying to see something but the street was empty. Was it Jungkook's? no, it didn't sound like it. He waited for a while but there was not another sound to be heard, so he shrugged it off as nothing and closed his window. He wasn't certain what he heard but it felt safer to keep the window closed for the night.

Taehyung had a strange feeling about tonight, something felt off...

-

Back at the mansion Jungkook had finished getting dressed and exited the bathroom, he flinched when he saw Seung sit on the edge of his bed. two guards standing in his room, one next to him and the bathroom door the other at his bedroom door. Again, he was feeling imprisoned in his own room, seeing these guards he knew he wasn't allowed to leave this square room until Seung allowed him to.

"Jungkook, my boy. come sit" Seung said, nudging his head to the ground in front of him. The raven looked at his boss and the spot with a gulp, but he sat down obediently on his knees. "I have my thoughts over you hm...You've been going out quite a lot lately"

Jungkook didn't say anything, he just looked at Seung's legs that were in front of him.

"today you even came without your car, do you think that thing is free?" Seung sighed and bent over to look into the younger's eyes. "Where are you going everytime. what is keeping you so busy hm?"

"Mothers grave"

"I know about that, but you can't possibly be spending so much time there. I did not allow you to be there all day. Don't lie to me boy, you know what will happen when you lie" Seung extended his hand and touched Jungkook's cheek. the touch was not harmful but jungkook shit his eyes and felt his hands starting to shake. He didn't feel the normal touch, he only could feel the pain that these hands would give him.

He was scared of Seung, no matter how sweet the other was acting. It was all fake, Jungkook knew it was. He had realised how wrong all these things were, but he was too far into this to just run away.

"Answer me Jungkook," Seung said, his voice getting more demanding.

"I am not lying" jungkook said, no matter what the consequences will be, he will not tell Seung a word about Taehyung. He will take all the pain as long as Taehyung stays out of this.

"I don't believe you, you know you can't lie to me. I can see it. You're lying" Seung's smile faded and his hand moved lower to the other's neck and gripped it tightly. "Why can't you do a simple thing lately, you're hiding something from me!" Seung used his other hand to add more strength and pushed Jungkook against the wall with an angry expression. "you're making me very angry with your behaviour" Seung felt Jungkook's hand claw at his wrists, but he didnt let go even a little bit. his fingers dug into the other's neck.

"Uhm.. boss" a guard said, seeing Jungkook's movements getting weaker.

Seung noticed it too and scoffed frustrated but he released Jungkook's neck watching him fall on the ground in front of him coughing and gasping for air.

"I will find out what you're hiding from me" Seung said looking at jungkook with furious eyes. The raven's eyes were wide with fear and he crawled back while holding his neck. "until then, you will stay in here"

With that Seung left the room and locked it behind him. He turned to the guards.

"make sure he doesn't leave, keep watch over the window too"

"We will boss," the guards nodded. but then one of them spoke up.

"but boss... shouldn't you just tell him already?"

"tell him what...oh, that. Well not yet. I want him to stay in confusion some longer. He doesn't need to know now. He will go looking if i tell him, he is unstable, we cant have him running away" Seung answered. "I don't want to kill him just yet. it would be a waste of his skill."

"okay"

"Now, enough chit chat, hop hop. get to work and don't let him out of your sight. Jungkook will be gone before you know it. don't give him the chance to leave"

Seung went back to his office and made a call.

-

Hajoon walked through the mansion after getting a call from his boss. He wondered what it was this time. He doesn't remember doing anything, maybe it was a new job?

the guard at Seung's office door walked inside.

"boss Hajoon is here"

"Let him pass," Seung answered and the guard opened the door for Hajoon to enter.

"Boss, you called me here?"

"Yes. I have a new job for you" Seung leaned forward in his seat, folding his hands. "Jungkook is hiding something from me, and i want you to go out and find whatever it is. I believe you know more than I do."

"with pleasure," Hajoon grinned. This was a perfect chance to get rid of Jungkook and take his place as Boss's favorite.

---

double update, just because i felt like it kekeke. i love the story ughhhh. okay, see you soon in the next chapterrr

🌼🌼🌼