37: friends

The next day it was the first day of the weekend. Taehyung was free today and had planned to meet up with Jimin at his and Hoseok's house. He thought Jimin was the best person to meet first for Jungkook. Jimin had a gentle and approachable personality.

So that's where they were now, ringing the bell and waiting for the door to open. Jungkook stood there nervously, his eyes glancing around not liking how long they were on one spot. He was so used to moving around in fear of being seen by Seung's men. It was hard for him to relax.

"Relax, Seung is dead. it's all been taken care of. You don't have to be afraid of that anymore"

"It's hard Tae" Jungkook said and sighed. He wanted to get over it but it was so hard, he's lived like that for years. He grew up in that fear, he can't just let go.

"its n-oh hey Jimin" taehyung noticed the door opening and Jimin greeted them with a big smile.

"welcome you two, come in." Jimin let the two enter his house. Looking at Jungkook curiously. This was the first time he had seen Jungkook. He looked just like Taehyung explained, just more...handsome. He can see why Taehyung was attracted to him. Jimin chuckled and closed the door. These two were definitely a match in his eyes. But he also remembers the things Taehyung told him about. Jungkook had some...problems which he had to keep in mind when talking to him. "take a seat, do you want something to drink?"

"I would like just some juice, for you anything Kook?" Taehyung asked, looking at Jungkook who sat on the chair at the table staring at his hands nervously. He clearly wasn't feeling comfortable here at all. He was avoiding any kind of eye contact with Jimin.

"water....please"

"He wants some water"

Jimin smiled and got them their drinks before sitting down at the table in front of the two. "So, how are you two? i don't think we've met before...Jungkook was the name, right?"

Jungkook nodded.

"How are you? I heard a lot about you from Taehyung" jimin smiled. The raven looked up for a few seconds and glanced at Taehyung who smiled at him. It made him a little more relaxed to speak. It wasn't that Jungkook doesn't want to talk. He was never allowed to make friends. Everyone that got close to him died. It felt unnatural for him to speak to others. He doesn't want to end up hurting someone again. He could feel this normal behaviour was confusing for his body. his body was used to all these murders his mind was filled with confused voices not understanding what was going on.

"Im....fine...i think"

"He's doing a lot better, he's in therapy with Namjoon." Taehyung added for Jungkook.

"That's great. Have you guys gone to the festival last week? on the plaza?" Jimin asked looking at the two.

"No, we didn't have time. We had to take some time for ourselves...you know" taehyung didn't want to talk about it knowing Jungkook preferred not to. and especially not with someone he did not know.

"A festival?" Jungkook asked. "what...festival?"

"a festival with a lot of shops and live music on the field. It was the yearly summer themed festival. I went with Hoseok and Yoongi. It was a lot of fun. you should go next year"

"I want to go too. Can we go Taehyung?"

"Sure, we can go next year."

Jungkook smiled slowly, getting more comfortable. He had stopped staring at his hands and was looking at Jimin too whenever he spoke. It made Taehyung feel proud. He was impressed by how well Jungkook was doing. He thought Jungkook would be hard, that he wont do anything Namjoon told him. But Jungkook was doing all the 'homework' he got without complaining.

"We can go together, us four. Maybe Seokjin and Joon want to join as well?"

"Yes! That would be so fun, right kook?"

"A-ah....i think so" jungkook wasn't sure what to say. "but...so many?"

"You will be fine, my friends are the sweetest you will ever meet, look at Jimin for example. I'm sure you will get along with them. We start with Jimin, he's like family to me"

"Family..." jungkook's smile faded.

"A-ah i mean-"

"No, I'm fine, it's okay. i would like to go with you and your...friends"

"Then that's settled, we will go all together next year. and hopefully Jungkook will be much better, it will be a lot of fun" Taehyung smiled at Jungkook and took his hand under the table. This gesture made Jungkook smile too. He can trust Taehyung. he believes him, Jimin didn't seem to be a bad person so his other friends must be good too. If Taehyung was friends with them then they shouldn't be a threat.

"Do you want to stay for dinner? i was going to prepare it in a bit, the meat needs to be seasoned for an hour"

"Kook?" Taehyung looked at the raven asking him if he was comfortable to stay for dinner or if he wanted to go home soon.

"I think I want to stay," Jungkook answered, he was slowly feeling a lot more comfortable. it still felt so unnatural for him to do this but he felt a happy feeling inside, he was enjoying talking to someone.

"Alright, perfect. i will season the meat so we can eat earlier"

The three suddenly heard the front door opening and arguing voices enter the house.

"oh?"

"You can't be serious-oh we have guests' 'Yoongi appeared around the corner and so did Hoseok, both halted in their steps when they saw Taehyung with an unknown face. "Hey, who-wait. I've seen you before" yoongi said, looking at Jungkook. The raven stared at him and his eyes slowly darken. He remembers the moments he saw him trying to hit on Taehyung. and he does NOT like that. not even now. his hand clenched tightly around Taehyung's and the other went into a fist.

"Kook, relax" Taehyung noticed the change and got worried Jungkook might snap at yoongi. "They are my friends.

"This Yoongi guy, i don't like him"

"what, why??"

"He likes you. Thats why" Jungkook frowned and squinted his eyes when Yoongi walked past taehyung. The raven was so on guard right now, he did not like Yoongi being here.

"We are over that, he is too. Don't worry, Yoongi doesn't like me anymore, well not in the love part"

"But still"

"I didn't expect you to be back so soon, '' Jimin said, breaking the awkward silence in the room.

"It's his fault!" yoongi shouted from the other side of the room.

"Yea i uhm kind of misread the time so we missed it." Hoseok awkwardly scratched his neck. "sorry"

"Ah uhm, is it okay?'' Jimin asked softly, looking at Taehyung. Jimin didn't count on them to return so fast, he told Taehyung they would be alone here.

Taehyung looked at Jungkook seeing him look alright besides his non stop glaring at Yoongi who was taking off his jacket. Taehyung nodded at Jimin. Jungkook didn't seem too much bothered right now by the new faces.

"Kook, stop glaring." Taehyung nudged the raven making him look back at him and sigh, crossing his arms.

"fine"

---

Thank you for readinggg. see you in the next chapter!

🌼🌼🌼