27: attempt

Jungkook had to do something, he had to get Taehyung out of here. He can't be here any longer. Jungkook knows Seung's doings. Seung was trying to make taehyung turn against him, he was playing with his brain. Jungkook can't let that happen. He doesn't want anything to happen to Taehyung, if it means they will never see eachother again then so be it. Jungkook would rather watch the boy from a distance than have him here and in danger.

Jungkook was pacing around his room moving his shaking hands back and forth trying to think of something, it was hard for him to think. there were so many things going on in his head. Fear, pain, guilt, worry, panic. He didn't know what emotion to focus on. everything was happening at once.

He hit his head a few times when he couldn't think without his thoughts getting distracted. "stupid brains!" he looked at the door and walked to it listening if someone was there. "hungry..."

"hungry...... Please food" jungkook said close to the door. He could hear some shuffling and a deep sigh from the other side.

"No"

"I will tell Seung you refused to keep me from starving..."

"Fine, don't try anything funny. you keep guard" the man said and walked away. While he waited Jungkook grabbed the chair from the corner and stood ready. As soon as the door opened he hit the person on the head knocking him out. This alarmed the other guard in the hallway who came running to the room with his gun. Jungkook quickly rolled out of the room and tackled the man to the ground. He took his gun and shot and knocked him out.

"no kill...don't kill.. " Jungkook kept whispering to himself. He knows if he kills one of these men Seung will not go easy on him.

He continued down the stairs making sure no one saw him when he headed to the basement. but the door was being guarded by someone. He muttered something to himself and hesitated. He slowly tiptoes silently closer from the man's left. but the man saw him and turned around aiming his gun at him. He shot a bullet but Jungkook reacted fast and jumped aside.

"don't kill him jungkook" he told himself when he shot back but in the man's leg. the man screamed and fell on his knees. but the screams were cut off when jungkook kicked his head and the man lost conscious. The raven searched the pockets and took out the key. he turned the key and held the door handle but he hesitated again...

what if taehyung-....no don't think that. just get him out Jungkook.

Jungkook took a breath and opened the door. inside it was dark so he turned on the light and stepped down the stairs slowly. "Taehyung... it's me... Jungkook '' jungkook was worried about the other's reaction. But when he saw Taehyung near the corner, the older was already looking at him.

"Jungkook how-"

"I don't have time to talk, come with me. I can get you out. but you have to be quick. Seung can find out at any moment" Jungkook said, checking the basement door for any sign of guards. "please hurry"

Taehyung stood up, he will take this shot. but he was uncertain if this was the right thing to do. thinking of everything he came to know and what he had seen, he shivered at the thoughts and tried to forget the graphic image in his head from the murder. He doesn't want to see Jungkook like that, but when he looked at the raven now he could envision the blood on his hands and the empty eyes. Taehyung shook his head.

"sta silent" jungkook said as they walked through the hallway stepping over the knocked out guards on the ground. They approached the living room. Jungkook knew there was a window he could get him out through there, the front door had an alarm so it was too risky to use the door. Inside the living room there was luckily no guard; they walked through the dark room towards the window. When Jungkook was about to turn the handle to open it he could hear fast footsteps coming from upstairs.

"HURRY YOUR ASS UP" a man shouted. "DON'T LET HIM GET AWAY!"

"Seung" Taehyung said and looked at Jungkook who was frozen, his hand shaking again while holding the handle. "Jungkook, you have to open the window or you will be caught."

"Yes yes...yes... '' Jungkook turned the handle and opened the window. but he couldn't get the shaky feeling out of him. He could already imagine what Seung would do to him when he was caught. Taehyung was right, he had to hurry. or else taehyung will be caught too. "No, he cant have him" he said and helped Taehyung through the window before jumping out himself as well. They ran as fast as they could to the wall with the exit gate. The guards outside noticed their movement and shouted at them chasing them.

"GET THEM YOU USELESS SHITHEADS!" Seung shouted from the balcony watching it all happen. still in his pajamas. "SHOOT OR WHATEVER, JUST GET HIM BACK TO ME!"

as soon as Seung said these bullets were fired at them. Jungkook looked back, seeing five guards chasing them. "no no no" he grabbed taehyung's hand and ran faster to the wall. the older barely could keep up with him.

"i can't go that fast, '' Taehyung said, feeling his legs go so fast he almost tripped.

"You have to!!" Jungkook was panicking hearing the bullets hit the wall in front of him. but that wasn't the only thing, the thing he was worried the most for was the fact the bullets were not aiming for him but for taehyung. "jump, i will push you up" jungkook said when they reached the wall. he shot a few bullets back at the guards making them hide for a few seconds. in these seconds he let taehyung use his hand as a step and pushed him on the wall. but taehyung didn't jump down.

"Jungkook, come on!"

"I can't," Jungkook said, stepping back. "you go, run away."

"I'm not leaving you here! he will kill you! Seung is sick!" taehyung shouted keeling down on the wall and extend his hand top jungkook. "Jungkook please..."

"Taehyung i- i can't.."

"Please...." taehyung was almost crying. He doesn't want to leave Jungkook here. He had to help him. Jungkook was not forgotten. Jungkook had a family to return back to.

The raven seemed to be unsure but then he grabbed taehyung's hand and jumped up to grab the end of the wall with the older's help. he pulled himself up. The sound of gunshots continues behind them hitting the brick next to his hand. barely missing him with just a centimeter. Taehyung jumped down the wall and Jungkook finally got on the wall. When he was about to jump down he heard a shot behind him and a pain in his side. He stumbled forward and fell down. He landed on his legs and screamed in pain when he felt a sharp painful sting shoot up to his side. "fuck!"

"Come on, come on! we have to go!" Taehyung grabbed Jungkook's hand pulling him back on his feet. He had seen the blood on Jungkook's side but they couldn't stop now. they had to get out of here.

As they ran Seung hit his balcony in anger. "NO! That annoying kid ruined everything." He heard footsteps behind him and then a voice.

"You called for me?" Hajoon said bowing before looking at his boss.

"yes, i have a new job for you"

"Of course," Hajoon smiled.

"Track them down, '' Seung said, looking at the two figures disappearing in the distance. "and kill them"

"But sir, Jungkoo-" a guard said but Seung glared at him.

"Taehyung knows too much, Jungkook will get to know the truth and everything will be ruined. I have no use for him anymore" Seung turned back to Hajoon. "as I said. track them down and kill them, both of them"

"with pleasure," Hajoon smiled.

---

they escaped but they are in deep trouble now keke. see you in the next chapter!

🌼🌼🌼