Chapter 4

The restaurant had two lanterns hanging from the door. The place looked like a cottage. A very rich-looking cottage. The house had windows with warm beaming lights shining from the inside. I couldn't help but notice the waiters walking around in suits. This place is making me nervous but it's a sign of good food. 

"Sebastian, How did you find this place?" I watched him walk closer to me and he said he goes there once a month since they have the nicest meals here. This place looks cosy and I like that a lot, especially after the past few days I've had.

We headed inside and this place has a smell of freshly baked cookies. This house has the atmosphere of your own home and it feels a pleasure to be here.

Sebastian's POV

I can see that Chris has never been to a place like this before. I can't wait to treat him more like this in the future. I'm even more glad for the opportunity to distract him from last night. This place seems busy tonight but I'm sure my usual waiter can assist with a good table.

"Chris I'm just going to speak with the waiter". Chris looked back at me and said okay while still admiring the aesthetics of this place.

I headed over to the stand and the waiter recognised me and began to smile. "Good evening sir, Can I offer you the usual table tonight?" This waiter is always the friendliest. "Yes sir, Please make sure there are two chairs for this evening since I have a guest with me as arranged on the phone." The waiter gave me a cheeky smile... Like he was proud I had company for once. Every time I've come to this restaurant I've been alone. I hope this place can become a local for me and Chris.

"Yes sir, everything is arranged please will you and your friend follow me to the table". I nodded and tapped Chris to get his attention we then followed the waiter to our table and sat down.

"Sabastian this place is gorgeous. I just need to be honest with you I can't afford this place especially to eat regularly. I mean I have money for tonight it's just that I don't think I can afford it here." Chris said this as though he was afraid money was going to become a problem. I can see that he's a guy who's never been treated like this before. I can see where he's coming from but places like this will always be on my behalf.

"Chris this place is on me. I mean it's already paid for so tonight your payment won't be necessary. I don't want you to even offer to pay me back or to offer to pay at any point in this relationship. When you with me your my king and I'll treat you as such. I don't want you to worry. I won't go over the top with money but I just want you to expect this to become your new local. I usually come here after work. It feels like I'm at home again with my parents. This place means a lot to me and I just want to show you it by showing how much you also mean to me." I feel like I could have said that with more feeling it didn't feel like enough.

"Sebastian, you have your ways of treating me and I have my own techniques to also do the same. This place if it means a lot to you then it's an honour to be here. I thought it also felt like home when I first entered. I don't want money to be an issue in our relationship and I can tell you don't either. As long as you don't go over the top I don't mind. I just have to say I'll get even in other ways." He said this smiling at me at least he understands and we're on the same level. "Okay Chris, you do your ways and I'll do mine."

Chris's POV

I love how he smirked as he made that comment. Now we have the important conversations out of the way I'd like to know more about his profession. I will have to wait though because I can see the waiter with our food. I wonder what he ordered me.

"Chris, I started out with some soup. I wasn't sure what you liked. There are 2 options for main which you can choose from and for dessert I got us a basic sponge cake and cream since yet again I wasn't too sure what you liked and I thought sticking with the basics will at least guarantee something edible." I can't believe how much effort this man has put into this. I just want to make it clear that I'll eat anything. "Sabastian, thank you so much for all of the consideration. I'll eat anything if there's anything you should know about me first is that I'm addicted to food. You name it and I'll eat it." I watched him giggle and I'm glad to have made him smile.