Chapter 9

Sabastian's POV
The smile Chris is giving me is making me feel butterflies. No matter what I can't resist him. I'm certain this is going to go well I mean we're just dropping notes off after all. I looked at Chris before and he seemed intimidated about this place so I grabbed his hand. I don't ever want him to feel afraid of no place or nobody. I'd risk everything I have to make sure he feels safe. I guess now I'm being a bit over the top but I'm starting to become more nervous about tomorrow. Chris is mine and anyone who stands in the way of that will eventually fall.

Now that we've reached my workplace's door, we decided to let our hands go plus it makes it easier to hand in these notes.

Then all of a sudden my heart makes me gasp for air. I can see the receptionist. I'm looking at her and again she's staring but either way, I have to face her so she can tell my boss I'm here. I headed forward and headed toward her desk. Chris followed behind me. I felt really small as she gazed down at me from what seemed to be her high chair. I'm starting to feel sweat emerge down my forehead. I'm trying to be confident in front of Chris after all I have nothing to hide. I looked down and grabbed my notes only to hear...

"HELLO, ma'am I'm Chris! It's such an honour to be here! I came along for a walk as he handed in his notes. I have to say miss I like your outfit it looks, Devine. Anyways enough about me miss I know you're dying to ask more about me but except for me being a wannabe illustrator that's all to tell. On the brighter side of things... How you doing?" He winked at her as he said this. I'm stunned. Chris is like a hyper little monkey and it's adorable. I started to giggle since he flirted with her but deep down I know the truth about him.

Unfortunately, the receptionist didn't respond to him. Although her glares have gone to Chris which has taken the pressure off me.

"Ma'am I'm here to see him. I have some notes I'd like to hand in. Please can you ask him to come downstairs as you can see I'm with company so I won't be able to pursue any further on these premises". Chris looks once again confused. I'll explain later.

Her attention turned back onto me with her owl-like eyes piercing me. "Okay. Sabastian he's on his way down" she then turned back to her notebook on her desk. I'm relieved that's over with. I looked at Chris and said let's go to the stairs so we can wait for him of course he agreed. When we arrived at the stairs my boss emerged from above and Chris was captivated to see someone within his creative field who so high up his eyes were fulfilled with wonder. I gazed back at the receptionist as Chris was looking up at my boss and I noticed a girl was standing with the receptionist. She glanced at me. I swear she looked familiar to familiar in fact it looked a lot like-

"Sabastian my dear boy! Welcome back to earth. I said this is your day off so what are doing here?" That's a nice greeting I suppose. "Sir, I'd like you to meet Chris here he's a great illustrator just starting and I wish to give him a chance to illustrate my next book. I'd also like to hand in these notes on what the next book will be". He grabbed the notes from my hands with a serious look and gazed over them.

"Sabastian this book is a non-fiction story... You know this isn't our Sector" I'm going to interrupt him. "Sir, it may not be our sector but I know a good book when I see it and this one stands a great chance against the competitors and stepping out of our comfort zone for a change could make a big difference. This idea deserves a chance. Please give it that". His serious look turns into a grin. "Your never wrong Sabastian. I'll let you do this. You do have the authority after all" he started to giggle when he said this to me but Chris just looked baffled. I guess my reputation perceives me. The guy is still my boss either way.

"Chris is it? Have you ever done anything like this before?" While these two spoke I looked back at the receptionist to see if the girl was still there but unfortunately not. "Oh no sir I've never done anything like this but I do create illustrations at home. I can show you a portfolio of my work tomorrow if this helps" I can hear the nervous tone in Chris's voice. "No that won't be necessary if Sabastian trusts you then that's good enough for me. I have to say it's nice to meet you" I looked back since it sounded like the conversation was coming to a close.