Chapter 10

When we got downstairs. I heard Chris whisper to me "I'll return the keys if you wish she seems to be a little strict." I admire his confidence but I think I should return the keys myself but there's no harm in him coming with me. I told him this and he smiled and said okay.  We walked over to her desk and Chris leaned up onto her desk and folded his arms while resting his head on them looking at her. I knocked on the desk to gain her attention. 

Her animalistic eyes made contact with my own. I could barely stutter out my words she always makes me feel embarrassed for some unknown reason even with just a glare. "Mrs h- here's the boss's keys please can you return them for me". The lady looked back to her notebook and said leave them on the desk but before I could say thankyou I saw something behind her. 

It was the girl. She's the girl that was with that guy Harry I believe the night he made the bet. I can only see the back of her but what is she doing here? I nudged Chris and pointed at her maybe this can help him remember... I whispered to him "Chris that girl over there looks like the girl who was with Harry and you the night of the bet. I was wondering if this helps you remember her possibly". The receptionist caught a glance of us looking at the girl...

"You two gentlemen should leave. I have the keys now. Sabastian before you mention my daughter to the boss I'd like to say that he's already informed about her. It's only temporary. Now please enjoy the rest of your day sir". I looked at Chris and he had taken a good look at the girl his expression became serious and silent. "You're right Mrs we should leave. Thankyou for your time. I hope your daughter enjoys her stay while she's here. Chris are you okay? Come on let's head out of here". Chris looked at me and nodded with a grin. We slowly paced out of the building although I did see Chris look back inside for another glance. I just hope he's willing to talk about it but for now, we're free. All I need to do is worry about that phone call. 

CRAP!!! My phone!! I left it at home! I breached through my pockets outside like a crazy maniac double checking. How on earth could I be so stupid? "Sabastian are you okay?" Chris seemed as though he had seen a ghost and was a little confused. I'm just going to remain calm at this point but we'll have to run home I don't want to waste any more time where I could lose the chances of catching that phone call. "Yes Chris I'm sorry I just realised I don't have my phone on me. I could have missed the phone call". 

Chris's POV

I'm going to speak about that girl to Sabastian later but as far as I can tell I still don't remember her. The main thing is getting him back home for this call. "Sabastian we need to get you back and fast. This is our day off and I can see you are already stressed but what better way to defeat stress than having some fun?" I took a deep breath and stated "I think I've got a good idea where you live now so how about we make this interesting and we race each other back to your place? The first one to do it decides the fate of how we spend the rest of the day. Are you interested?"

The man smiled and said, "Yet again Chris bring it on". Oh, I'm going to show him what I'm made of at some point. "Are you ready?" Sabastian nodded and positioned himself like a professional runner. What the heck am I in for? "3.....2..........1.......... GO!!" Whoa the mans of like lightening! It's either the phone or he already has some plans about tonight but I have stronger plans for this evening.

This idea was probably stupid since today is yet again a very hot day. My clothes feel awful after being in them for so long hence why I need to win this race. I need to stop daydreaming and start running.

I took a deep breath jumped a little and begin to run a bit to catch up to Sabastian. He was running so fast but as I gained speed it seemed as though he was out of breath since he began to slow down. I guess lightning doesn't last longer than a minute. I ran passed him and he started laughing. I then made it through the dirt path and down the side of my workplace and made it to his front door. Sabastian was still out of sight.