Boy next door | 𝘊𝘩𝘰𝘪 𝘏𝘺𝘶𝘯𝘴𝘶𝘬

Your homework was left procrastinated, as you planned to take a ten minute break but it turned into a two-hour break thanks to scrolling on tiktok.

"♪ You're the only onee, you're my treasure!!! ♪ '' You sang (practically screaming) your heart out to one of your favourite boy group Treasure's title track as the music blasted in your room.

You slammed your book, closing it as you realised you're never going to get it done at this point. Your eyes then shifted towards the window in your room that was half covered by the curtains.

"Hmmm what's he doing now?" you murmured to yourself, trying to peek through the window without being too obvious.

The next door neighbour's window can be seen through your window (kinda like the one in Taylor Swift's You belong with me mv). The window wasn't that big, you can't see the whole room from outside. But enough for you to see the next door person's study table in his room.

And there he was, Choi Hyunsuk. Your next door neighbour, where both of your rooms can be seen interchangeably through your windows.

He was sitting at his table, eyes fixed on his laptop with headphones on.

"At least he's studying, unlike me." You rolled your eyes at yourself, acknowledging the fact that you've been leaving your homework hanging despite the deadline being tomorrow. Knowing damn well you're definitely going to pull an all nighter to finish it tonight.

You've had a crush on Hyunsuk ever since you laid your eyes on him when he was lifting boxes from the moving truck as he moved to the house next door three months ago. You've never really talked or properly introduced yourself to each other, but you have exchanged smiles every once in a while when you happen to cross paths after school.

You rarely see him at school though, his class was quite far away from yours so you never really bumped into each other often. But you didn't mind since you could always see him studying in his room sometimes. Not in a creepy way though, you're not exactly a psycho stalker.

-

You were walking home after school the next day, feeling dreadingly tired as you slept very late last night finishing your homework. You did manage to turn it in today, but thanks to that you couldn't focus in class that much as you were busy making sure you didn't doze off.

You couldn't wait to throw yourself on your bed, the softness of your pillow was already playing in your mind. As you arrived, looking like a half-dead zombie, you rushed inside your house, closing the door shut from behind without looking back.

After plopping yourself on your bed, your mother came knocking on the door.

"Kim y/n, wake up! Go and wash up, you just got back from school."

"Gimme a second mom, I'm tiredddd."

"We don't have time. The Choi family next door has invited us to come over for dinner."

Ugh why on earth would our neighbour invite us for dinner. You groaned to yourself.

Wait a minute...

As if you were shocked by a current, you immediately stood up from bed.

"Mom!! Who invited us again?" you shouted.

"The Choi family who moved in next door a few months ago." you heard your mom shouting from downstairs.

Oh. My. God.

The Choi family? Choi as in Choi Hyunsuk? Your crush? Your crush's family invited your family for dinner?

You panicked. The tiredness and drowsiness from before disappeared like it was never there.