By your side | 𝒦𝒶𝓃𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓉𝑜 𝒴𝑜𝓈𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑜𝓇𝒾

"Yoshi this isn't funny, where are you?" you grunted, but internally smiled at his antiques.

Suddenly a pair of hands held your hips from behind, "Supriseeee". Yoshi's face came in from your peripheral view.

"Where have you been?" you pouted.

"Not my fault you kept walking without realising you left me behind." he chuckled. And you smiled.

You indeed didn't realise you left him behind. You were too busy captivated by the flowers around you. Yoshi had brought you to this new flower park. He knew you loved flowers.

The whole evening was well spent. You guys took long walks and talked a lot about each other. He took many photos of you as well, being Yoshi, all the pictures he took turned out pretty as ever, especially when you're in the frame. Well, according to him that is.

The evening ended with the two of you sitting on a bench nearby, watching as the sun sets spreading out its beautiful gradient of colours in the sky.

"Hey." Yoshi's soft voice ended your trance from the magnificent view in front of you.

"Yeah?" you faced him.

"Thank you."

"For?" you giggled at his sudden confession.

"For giving me a chance." Yoshi softly replies. It was so subtle you almost didn't hear it.

You nodded and smiled at him as a response.

Yoshi confessed to you a few days ago that he has been liking you for years already. But he stood no chance because you were in a relationship with your now ex- Daniel.

It took you a while to realise your relationship with Daniel was toxic. Your breakup with him indeed took a big toll on you. You've broken up with him for 2 months now and Yoshi was the one by your side the entire time.

After Yoshi's sudden confession the other day, you decided to give him a chance and go on three dates together. After the third date only then will you tell him your answer. Although if you were being honest, after the first date today you already had the answer for him.

A few days passed by and it was officially the day for the third date. You were a nervous wreck, memorising lines in your head on how you would tell him that you accept his confession today.

Yoshi too, was so nervous that he almost called you and cancelled the date today because he's afraid to hear your answer hahaha. He planned to bring you to a nice dinner on a rooftop at your favourite restaurant. Very cliche, but he decided to go on with it since he figured that you would like the view from up there.

He patiently waited for you on the rooftop of the restaurant. His palms get sweaty and his heart rate gets faster as time ticks by. He would take quick glances at his watch every five seconds.

It's been thirty minutes and you still haven't arrived. Yoshi was getting worried that you won't show up since you're not the type to arrive late. You haven't even replied to his texts too. He did offer to pick you up but you insisted on coming yourself as you didn't want to trouble him.

After contemplating, he decided to call you. You didn't answer on the first ring so he dialled again. After a few rings, the call was answered.

"Hey where are you? Are you okay?" Yoshi quickly asked after the call was connected.

But a different voice answered him.

"Hi Yoshi, it's Yuna, her roommate. Thank goodness you called. I was panicking and didn't know how to contact you. We're at the hospital. She got into a hit and run accident on her way to you. The hospital called me. Please come here quickly." Yuna's voice answered panicking on the other end of the line.