A song about you | 𝘠𝘰𝘰𝘯 𝘑𝘢𝘦𝘩𝘺𝘶𝘬

You let out a big sigh, staring blankly on the sheet of paper that you've been scribbling notes and ideas for the past hour. You were a student in the music department, and one of your assignments for this semester was to compose a song.

You've written many songs before, but this time you were having trouble finding the lyrics for it. It was supposed to be a love song, but everything you scribbled on the paper was nothing about love. How are you supposed to write a love song? You've never been in love. And that was the biggest problem.

What you didn't notice is that you started scribbling Jaehyuk's name on the paper. Yoon Jaehyuk has been your crush for who knows how long. He's one of your friends, the two of you were in a friend group together with Mina, Lia, Doyoung and Asahi. All of you were in the same faculty. Asahi, Lia and you were in the music department while Doyoung, Mina and Jaehyuk were in the dance department. Asahi, Mina and Lia would always hang out with their partners, leaving you to always be stuck with Jaehyuk and Doyoung.

Jaehyuk has always cared for you, enough to make your heart flutter every time. But the thing is, Jaehyuk has always been like that. He has a sweet and caring personality towards no matter who the person is. Which is why you've only kept your feelings to yourself, afraid it would ruin your friendship. You know what they say, it's impossible for a girl and boy to become best friends. One of them might catch feelings sooner or later.

You run your hand through your hair out of frustration, scrunching the piece of paper and taking out a new one.

"Why can't I get this done? I can't write one simple love song without thinking about you urgh this is annoying." you mumbled to yourself.

"y/n!!" the sound of Doyoung whisper-shouting your name can be heard from a distance. You turned around and saw Doyoung and Jaehyuk nearing you.

"Shhhh silly, we're in a library. Don't embarrass me." you lightly punched his shoulder as the two of them sat across you. Doyoung plastered a silly grin in return.

"What are you working on y/n?" Jaehyuk asked, his hands were about to grab the many papers that were scrunched by you earlier. You quickly grabbed the papers and put it in your bag, afraid Jaehyuk might see his name written on it HAHAHA.

"You remember my latest assignment I told you about? The one that we have to compose a song and our lecturer will choose one from the class to give to a producer."

Doyoung and Jaehyuk both nodded simultaneously.

"Yea I'm trying to get the lyrics done. I've come up with the beat and rhythm but since it's a love song I'm running out of ideas for the lyrics."

You offered them your earphones for them to hear the beat of the song that you've come up with. They grabbed the earphone from your hand. Doyoung put the right side earpiece on, and Jaehyuk put the left side on.

"This is great y/n!"

"I love it! This will definitely be a bop" Jaehyuk and Doyoung exclaimed excitedly.

"Thanks guys. But it still won't be a song without the lyrics though."

"Do you want our help?"

"I guess so, what should I write for a love song?"

"Try thinking about someone you like, y/n. Generate ideas from that." Jaehyuk suggested.

I did, dummy. I ended up writing your name. At this point I might as well put 'Yoon Jaehyuk' as the title...But of course, you only said that to yourself.

"Thanks Jaehyuk, I'll try."

"Wuuu, do you like someone y/n?" Doyoung waggled his eyebrows. You glared at him, fully knowing that he knows about your crush on Jaehyuk.