Better than he can | 𝘛𝘢𝘬𝘢𝘵𝘢 𝘔𝘢𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘩𝘰

You were sitting on a bench outside of your faculty building, juggling the books on one hand while your fingers were tapping the screen on your phone on the other hand. You were waiting for your best friend, Mashiho, who hasn't finished his class yet. You promised you wanted to accompany him at his part time job today.

"Where is he?" you were sweating under the sun, fanning yourself with a book.

"y/n!!" a familiar voice calling out your name was heard, and you turned around to see the mentioned figure who you were waiting for cutely running towards you.

"Finally! What took you so long? I thought your class was supposed to end fifteen minutes ago?" you offered him your water bottle after seeing him panting as a result of running just now.

He chugged down the whole thing. "Yea my prof ended it a bit late, he was giving a briefing about our final year project."

You and Mashiho were both college students. You two have been friends since highschool, and intentionally applied to the same university together. Being the smarty pants you two were, both of you got in.

- Flashback to graduation day in highschool -

"Hey y/n! We haven't taken a picture together yet." Mashiho pouted, interrupting the boy who wanted to take a picture with you. You were the highschool crush after all, many guys wanted to take pictures with you.

You were so busy taking pictures with other classmates that you forgot you hadn't taken one with him.

"Aww hahahaha sorry! I forgot."

"You forgottt? How could you??" He crossed his arms, still pouting. You chuckled at him. Cute.

"Chill Mashi, It's not like we're not going to see each other anymore. You're applying to SNU right?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I applied there too." you smiled. And he jumped in excitement.

"I guess you're stuck with me!"

"I wouldn't have wanted it any other way."

The both of you took many pictures, with your phones and even with your polaroid. He wrapped one arm around your shoulders, and the both of you smiled at the camera with the 'peace sign'.

"Say cheese!"

- End of flashback -

The both of you walked together down the streets, heading towards a cafe where Mashiho worked. Mashiho arrived at work just in time, and went to the back to change.

"Helloo my favourite barista, the usual please." you said as you went to the counter.

"Coming right up." Mashiho winked, causing you to laugh.