Work of art | 𝘏𝘢𝘮𝘢𝘥𝘢 𝘈𝘴𝘢𝘩𝘪

You were staring at the screen of your tablet, long enough that you might have lasered a hole through it.

"Ideaasss where are youu?? I needdd ideassss." you cried out loud to yourself in your studio.

You worked as a freelance illustrator. You were quite popular, your artworks have been sold and bought by thousands. You specialised in digital art, and most of your work were drawings of flora and fauna. You loved drawing nature, and have successfully made a living through that.

You are currently working on a drawing for the final round in a contest you participated in. You made it through the preliminary rounds, now you are competing one-on-one for finals.

You grabbed your phone, your thumbs tapping on the screen, replying to a text.

Hikun

Are you still working on it?

Me

Yeah, but i'm out of ideas

Wbu?

Hikun

Almost done, needs a little touch up

Go and rest y/n, take a walk or sumn to clear your mind

Me

Yea i think i should

Hikun

Yeah, cause the winning prize is mine anyways :p

Me

HAHAHA in your dreams!

You smiled at the text. Hikun is actually your rival for the competition. He's also a freelance illustrator, and you've known him even before the contest. You liked one of his drawings before and reached him through email. Eventually, he gave his number and you two started contacting through text and became good friends. Unlike you, he draws traditionally on canvas with pens and pencils. He's also known for only drawing architecture and buildings, and has never drawn people.

The thing is, this illustrator that goes by the name 'Hikun' has never revealed his identity. Which means that you never saw him in person and does not even know what he looks like. But you became close to him through text and now, you two are competing against each other for the final round.

Taking into consideration what Hikun suggested, you finally decided to get some fresh air after hours of trapping yourself in your studio. It was a nice evening, so you decided to go take a walk at the park nearby.

You changed into a comfy outfit, and went outside.

As you closed the door, you saw Asahi from across a fence that acts as the border of his lawn and yours

As you closed the door, you saw Asahi from across a fence that acts as the border of his lawn and yours. Asahi is your next door neighbour. You thought he was cute the first time you moved in, but he was the shy type. You two never really talked much but would always greet each other if you happened to come across.