C26

Shannon wasn't sure why her luck was so bad today.

Jacob Black came walking into his house an hour after she arrived.

He was silent mostly, speaking only to her uncle and his father, while pretending not to see her.

David have left with Seth half an hour ago. She could've gone with them, but she didn't feel like it. She'd probably have seen Jacob sooner then.

She sat there in the kitchen with Billy , her uncle and Jacob feeling rather awkward and sort of unwanted.

" Um....,Uncle Charlie, I'm going to go take a walk ," she said when she couldn't take it anymore.

Why'd she even come ?

"Wait," Billy said hastily," Sue Clearwater should be coming around in a few. She wants to talk to you , Shannon."

Shannon stared at him wondering why Sue Clearwater would want to talk to her and about what .

"I just want a little fresh air ,Billy," she said.

"Fine , but don't go too far. Jacob, go with her."

Jacob didn't look too happy about that as he reluctantly stood up to follow her as she made for the back door.

Shannon was sure that Jacob wished dearly that she was Bella right now. It was a heartbreaking thought.
It tore at her already broken heart even more.

"So where do you want to go ?," he asked once they were outside, his voice surprisingly gentle and kind for a guy that didn't really like her all that much.

She shrugged. Where did she want to go? Nowhere with him, that's for sure.

" It's going to rain soon ,so let's go to the garage. I'm working on something new now that  I've finished the Rabbit." He reached out to take her arm and she gritted her teeth at the sensation his touch send through her.

She wanted to pull away when his hand slit down her arm to hers, his fingers securely sliding in between her fingers.

She didn't pull away. His touch kinda felt nice. It was her stupid heart talking while her mind didn't like it at all.

" I haven't told my Dad yet about...you know," he said as he lead her to the garage. " I don't know how to tell him that I ...um... stepped over the line."

He sounded sheepish and she wondered about that. All this time he'd ignored her after he confirmed that she's pregnant. He had no right to sound anything like the villain he was in this bloody love story.

"Have you ? I mean, have you told your uncle?"

She shook her head before she can stop herself.

" Why? He has the right to know , doesn't he ? I guess , so does my Dad. Ugh! Everything is a mess."

She frowned at that last part. Didn't she know everything is a mess? She shouldn't have let him touch her. It was wrong.

But he didn't have to say it like he was disgusted about it. Was being with her so revolting that he had to show it ?

She felt her eyes prick with tears and immediately tried to calm herself by taking deep breaths that caught his attention.

He let go of her hand and turned to her. " Shannon?"

She couldn't say anything as all the hurt from the passing months came crashing down on her and she couldn't stop the sob from escaping her.

Before she knew it tears streamed down her face and sobs shuddered through her weak and thin  frame .