C4

" So,where are you from?", Quil junior asked Shannon as they lounged around her room .

It was just her and the boys . Two  of them laid on her bed and the other one sat beside her on the carpeted floor .

" Mesa Creek . It's not far from the Mexican border ," she answered .

She didn't look at any one of them. All three were cute ,but that wasn't really something important to her right now . She didn't know what was either .

Maybe it was the fact that she wanted them to be her friends . Yeah . Her first ever friends .

In Mesa Creek she had none . Nobody wanted to be friends with the shy and socially awkward teen girl and her more than socially awkward brother .

David probably felt the same right now where he was hanging out with Seth up in his room .

"Oh ....Cool ", Quil said not really knowing what to say .

Shannon nodded while plucking at the loose ruffles of the carpet where something must've torn it a little . It was afterall an old carpet . She couldn't expect to not wear and tear from all the years of feet trampling over it's dark brown surface.

" So ...um ... where's Bella ? ", Jacob asked from where he lay next to Quil ,his feet pressed up against the wall .

Shannon frowned slightly . Was this boy for real asking her that?.

" Uh...I don't know . David and I hadn't much spoken to her and her friend Ed...whatever his name is . We've only met her briefly when we came back from lunch at the Diner with Uncle Charlie ."

" Do you mean that Cullen she's  around  all the time?", Embry enquired looking down at her small hand that tucked and pulled at the ruffles .

" Yeah ,um I don't know his name ,but I guess if he's impossibly pale ,then yeah ."

They both completely missed the disappointed look on Jacob's face .

" I suppose you and David will be attending school at Forks High, right ?", Quil asked and when Shannon nods in confirmation his shoulders dropped and he huffed before pressing on ," Would've been nice if you could go to school on the reservation . We could hang out afterwards or throughout lunch and get to know one another better ".

" Well, we still can . I mean school doesn't start in another week or so.  Sooo, David and I can probably go visit you guys on the reservation. If  that's okay with you".

Quil sat up , shooting her a smile even when she didn't see it .

" Totally . Right ,Jake?...Jake?. Oh ,joy , he's got Bella on his mind . Anyway , that'd be great . Embry, you down for that?".

Embry grinned and nodded . " Yeah. We'll even come get you tom_"

"Kids, dinner's ready !", Sue's voice floated up to them from downstairs , cutting off whatever Embry was going to say further and with a sigh he got up followed by the others . Jacob had to be nudged by Quil to snap out of his low mood induced trance before he followed the other three  .
            💗💗💗
Shannon ate very little . Not because she was moody or anything . In fact she was completely alright . She was just not hungry .

She never ate much at all  to begin with and it had sometimes bugged her Grandma to no end .

At lunchtime she had managed to finish her burger ,but David had,had the privilege to finish her fries .

The fish and salads that the older  women have made was delicious ,though. Even if Shannon didn't eat much of it .

David sat beside her on the living room floor with Seth on his other side munching away hungrily .