C7

First impressions are important ,but sometimes it's not true .

Bella wasn't a rude  girl . She was actually very sweet and had been so caring and loving to the Snow siblings .

Not that they had much of a first impression seeing that they'd fled to David's room after the first meeting . Just the second one when Charlie had asked Bella to spend time with them and she'd refused.

It's been two weeks since their Grandma May's death . Two weeks since they've talked to their new friends and a week since they lay her to rest beside their Grandpa David in Mesa Creek Cemetery .

Bella had given up spending most of her time with the Cullens by staying home with the siblings . Which means that Bella Swan was actually very nice ,but just as socially awkward as her cousins . Which also means that this seemed to be a family trait of sorts .

She'd gone with them to Mesa Creek and had stayed with them until after the burial .

Mesa Creek , Arizona wasn't far from Phoenix, Arizona where Bella had grown up . It was strange how they never knew that . They could've grown up knowing each other .

Now they'd never know how that would've been because they didn't know how near she was to them.

Shannon sat on the couch beside David staring at the blaring TV ,but seeing nothing . David was much the same ,but there was a little more action from him.

He was eating popcorn that Bella had popped for him . The Swan girl sat on a one person sofa occasionally looking at the siblings while also watching the classic western film that featured on the TV.

She wasn't really paying attention to the film . Her heart hurt for the sake of her cousins . She remembered losing her Grandma Swan. It was something she'd never want to go through  and it was sad knowing that these two didn't even know her . They'd lost another Grandma without knowing .

Like them she'd lost both of her Grandmas . Like them she knew the pain of loss . It wasn't something she'd wish upon anyone .

" Hey, do you guys want something special for dinner?", she asked , hoping that ,that would take their minds off things .

" Not really ,no," David answered side eyeing his sister who seemed to not have heard ," Shannon loves Mac and Cheese."

Bella smiled softly . " I'll make Mac and Cheese then . Let's go see if there's any ingredients. Or else we'd have to_"

She was cut off by the doorbell and with a sigh she got up to go see who was coming to intrude on their privacy.

Shannon who'd snapped out of her dazed state sat up a little straighter when she heard  the soft  murmur of  voices .

She wondered who it could be . David on the other hand didn't really care as long as it wasn't someone there to bother them .

The siblings didn't have to wait long to see who it was because a few moments later Bella came walking into the room with Billy  and Jacob . The former holding onto a  greasy brown paper bag and the latter pushing the former's wheelchair .

Shannon perked up at the sight of the tall boy with his hair thrown into a messy bun at the nape of his neck.

She hadn't thought much about him for the last two weeks and now she sort of felt a little guilty which was utterly ridiculous  .

She didn't know him well enough and they weren't in a relationship ,so, why should she feel guilty?.

" Hello ,Kids, I hope I'm not intruding ?", Billy greeted them with a friendly smile upon his beautiful russet coloured face .

" No ," David said shaking his head  ," You're not ."

" Good, Good . How's it going ?. I brought some fish fries for dinner . If that's okay with you ".

David cracked a weak smile . " I like fish! ", he retorted softly .

Billy chuckled . " Yeah, I remember you eating more fish than anyone else the night we visited . Here ,Bella , you'd have to probably make something else to go with it ". He held out the greasy bag for Bella to take .

Bella reached out and took the bag before looking at Shannon . " Wanna come help me make some salads ?".

Shannon pulled her eyes away from Jacob , nodding at her .

She got up to follow Bella into the kitchen where they got to work  .

It wasn't long before Jacob joined them and he began a conversation with Bella while ignoring Shannon who was cutting up lettuce .

It made her feel like she was just a part of one of the furniture pieces in the kitchen and it wasn't a very fun feeling .

How come he talked to Bella and not her , Shannon ?. Oh Yeah ,of course . Bella was his crush,right?. He'd probably ignore his own family for her .

So, Shannon did what he did to her , ignore him and hope it affected him as much  .

           🌞🌞🌞🌞
" So, are you two ready to start the new school year ?", Billy asked Shannon and David after dinner ," I hear you're going to be attending Forks High ".

" Where else would we be attending ?", Shannon thought ,but didn't say it out loud . She didn't want to come off as disrespectful to the friendly Quileute man.

" I'm not ", David pouted ," They're going to make fun of me and laugh ".

Shannon could hear the fear and anxiety in his voice.

She knew why he was afraid to go to school . His dyslexia. He couldn't read and he could write ,but very slow and he mixed up his  small letter B's and D's very often and sometimes he wrote his K backwards  .

Some teachers had no patience with him .

He was good at art and good with maths and would do a great job in the school's woodshop , but the rest of the classes was going to be utter torture .

" Why would they laugh ,Champ?", their Uncle Charlie asked confusion written all over his face .

" He has dyslexia ,Uncle  ", Shannon tried to explain while she moved over to her brother to wrap her arms around him .

" Oh", was all her Uncle could say because he probably didn't really understand the learning disorder that was Dyslexia.

David pressed tightly against his sister . He felt like everyone in the room , except for Shannon ,was judging him .

He looked no one in the eye for the rest of the evening and when the visitors left he went upstairs to his room and Shannon felt worry wash over her because he was retreating into himself and she couldn't do anything to help him .

It hurt .A lot . She would love nothing more than to help him .  All she could do was be there for him and that was what she did after saying goodnight to her Uncle .

She went up to her brother's room and spend the night holding him like the  good big sister she was.

            🌞🌞🌞🌞
So um my brother has dyslexia so I just wanted to say that I don't think bad of people with it . Hope you enjoyed.