C20

Bella stayed away for three days before returning one night with Edward Cullen in tow.

Charlie Swan was angry at Bella for her stunt of running off to who knows where without so much as a goodbye . She got grounded for that.

The Cullens returned the same week Bella did , integrating themselves back into the community of Forks .

Alice,Jasper, Edward, Valerie and Andrew came back to school once school started after Spring break.

It was odd looking at the Cullens' usual table to see it occupied again .

Many of the students whispered about their return . It was great gossip to everyone .

Shannon and David were the only ones not affected by their return.

They had a life of their own with all the new homework assignments they were given and Shannon found that she had no time whatsoever to even think about anything besides David who'd began staying at home since the day Harry Clearwater died .

Oddly enough it had been the same day that Jacob had sought comfort in Shannon's arms and it was also the day Bella almost drowned as well as Bella running off with Alice to Italy .

Shannon just didn't think much of that day as the weeks went by after that . Her main concern was helping her brother now that Leah was unavailable at all times to help him with his reading and writing assignments.

Seth wasn't around much either . David never said why he and Seth didn't hang out anymore and Shannon didn't ask .

She didn't even know why Leah was unavailable either . She hadn't asked David that as well. She was sure that her brother didn't have an explanation for it .

Even so she herself wanted nothing to do with anyone from La Push at the moment . It wasn't because of Jacob's actions . Nor about the fact that most of the people she was supposedly friends with turned into oversized wolves.

She just needed time away and so did her brother . So they stayed home after school .

David's fifteenth birthday came by and went and Shannon baked him a cake and David invited Leah and Seth and whomever of the pack wanted to come to eat cake with them ,but no one showed up and David became miserable .

Shannon felt so bad for him ,but she couldn't do anything about it. It was Leah, Seth and the pack's choice if they wanted to be friends with her and David or not . She couldn't force them . If she could she would've forced them already . Not that she would want to . It was just a thought for David's sake.

She glared down at her
history textbook where she sat in the kitchen doing her homework .

She had a test on Friday and she had to study , but she couldn't seem to focus because of her thoughts that kept jumping around inside of her head like those Mexican  jumping beans that her Grandma May used to laugh about .

It's been a month and two weeks  ,to be exact, since that day Bella left to save her one true love .

Sometimes Shannon still felt horrible about her Uncle's heartache  because of Bella's rash decisions . It bothered her terribly .

But that wasn't what bothered her at the moment . What was, was the fact that her menstrual cycle was late .

She'd never been late . It was something to cause concern .

She pursed her lips . She didn't want to think of anything that might be the cause of it .

She didn't want to scare herself even though she knew that she'd have to think of it eventually .