C8

First day of school jitters weren't hard to come by . In fact it was common and something the Snow siblings currently had. Well, felt might be the right word .

They walked across the school's parking lot with their cousin guiding them to the brick building that was Forks High School .

They ignored the people's stares ,but even if they did they felt them burn large round holes in their backs .

Shannon wrapped her brand new Sherese pink raincoat tighter against herself feeling rather self-conscious and uncomfortable.

Three days ago Bella's friend Alice Cullen took her and David shopping for warmer clothes .

The petite pixie had taken them to the best shops in Seattle and had spent a lot of money on them . Shannon and David had gotten more new clothes than they'd probably ever  wear .

Shannon was very grateful for the generousity of the girl who was even more in their Uncle's good books than her bronze haired brother .

She was sweet and Shannon was sure David had a small crush on her .

She smiled at the memory of his pink cheeks and the  subtle glances that he'd thrown the sweet older girl.

If she was the teasing kind of girl she'd have teased David endlessly . But considering she would never get it over her heart to be mean to him, she'd never tease him .

He looked great too today . In his dark army green raincoat and black jeans . His new camo print sneakers went well with the army green raincoat and black jeans and she could see that for once he had a little bit more confidence in himself than he'd ever had. Maybe the clothes did make a person . Or was it the feathers make the bird?. Shannon can never remember such things , but she was really happy that her brother was feeling self-confident psychologically and mentally even though he had first day of school jitters like her .

She was also especially glad that the school had a special program for people with learning difficulties and that David would be fitting in well .

Bella lead the siblings to an overly cluttered small office with a counter and three desks behind it .

A large redheaded lady with glasses and wearing a pink Hello Kitty t-shirt stood up from one of the desks and walked out from behind the counter , when Bella introduced her cousins and without warning she hugged both Shannon and David .

" Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss ," she said ," If you need anything just come find me . "

Shannon wasn't sure if she'd even come find the overly friendly woman who smelled like bubblegum and flowers .

She'd rather go to Bella. Or even Alice . Rather than being helped  by a woman she didn't know .

She was being rude , she knew ,but she couldn't help herself .

The lady was oblivious to all of Shannon's feelings and thoughts towards her as she let go of her and David before getting them both several sheets of papers . Two were maps of the school . Two were their schedules and another were slips they'd have to let every teacher sign before and hand in at the office at the end of the day . They even got their locker numbers .

Shannon and David was very happy to get away from her and begin their first day.

Shannon's first class was English and Bella walked her there herself and promised to send someone to show her to her next class .

The teacher was a round face balding old man with freckles all over his  face .

He was also not very friendly and only signed her slip before sending her to sit with a boy with Rasta locks .