C30

"Are you sure this is the right thing to do?"

Edward  nodded. "Yes."

Shannon  sighed, leaning her head against the passenger  side  window of Edward's  Volvo.
"But you're  not in love with me  and I am definitely  not in love with you, Edward.  Besides, you're  a vampire  and you'll  live thousands of years longer than my meager human years," she pointed out to him.

"I know  that, Shannon. But I am not letting  something  as trivial as that stop me. You agreed to this. You can't  back out now."

Shannon  swallowed. It had been  a crazy night with Edward  coming up with a plan to show Bella that her actions didn't  faze him nor Shannon in any way whatsoever. 

Edward  wanted to draw up a fake marriage  contract  between himself  and Shannon   for that very purpose  and he contacted  someone  named Jenks for it.

It costed them to drive to Seattle two weeks later  however and Shannon's  courage had waned with every mile they'd  drove.

Now here  they were, before a small nondescript  restaurant , where Jenks would be waiting for them.

She took a deep breath and reached  for the door  handle. "Let's  just get it over with," she grumbled.

Edward said nothing, he only followed  her into the restaurant and then led her to a table with a man in a suit sitting there, looking  quite nervous.

"Mister Jenks?"

The man stood and nodded holding out a hand to Edward. " You must be Edward  Cullen?"
Edward nodded. "And then you must  be Shannon  Snow?"
Shannon  only nodded to that as Edward shook hands with Jenks.

The three of them sat down around the table, Shannon  keeping  close to Edward, her eyes darting around the room.

"Do you have  the documentation?"

Jenks nodded. "Do you have the payment ready?"

Edward nodded. "Yes, as soon as you hand over the documentation, you'll  get a confirmation  on your phone that the payment  are in your preferred  bank account."

Jenks frowned  for a moment before  sighing and  opening a briefcase that was so typical of a business  man it wasn't  even funny.

He pulled out a thick envelope  and  held it out to Edward, not letting  it go completely  until his phone pinged and he could see the confirmation  that payment  has been  received.
Only then, did he let go, watching  as Edward pocketed the envelope  in a messenger  bag  that he'd  brought  along.

Jenks didn't  stay long after that, leaving  without even looking around the room.

"Do you want something to drink?," Edward  asked Shannon  as the restaurant  door shut behind the man.

Shannon  shook her head. She was tired and she needed to use the ladies room.  She said as much and they were on the road back to Forks not long after that.

Bella wasn't  home when Edward and Shannon parked in the driveway  of the Swan residence.  David was, though. He gave the two weird looks when they greeted him before they wentupstairs to Shannon's  room.

There the two of them went through the envelope, finding that everything are in order and that they are now 'married'. Shannon  didn't  know  what  to think of that. It made her feel strange.

Edward  smiled at her gently,  before  hugging her close to him. "This will show Bella," he stated.

Shannon  frowned, wondering  what her uncle  will say considering  that he is Shannon's  guardian and she isn't  eighteen and off age.