C23

She sat glaring at her hands as Alice drove her home after her check up .

Her mind was racing like a herd of stampeding buffalo ,thought after thought making her feel worse than she already felt .

Her fear had caught up with her . There was no longer a way to not acknowledge it .

She had been stupid to think that she could ignore what was truly wrong with her .

Her Grandma used to say whenever she felt like  she had to have the talk with Shannon and David about teen stuff that a moment's pleasure could bring years of trouble no matter if you're ready for it or not . She used to say something else too . That a boy's whatever isn't a play thing  but  a breeding thing and that one must be very careful with it  .

Stupidly Shannon had forgotten it in a moment of weakness and here she was almost two months pregnant and she only got herself to blame for not remembering her Grandma's teachings .

Why'd she let him go further than just that sweet kisses ?.  She knew that she was just a distraction for him . A way to cope with Bella leaving for Italy .

Oh the bloody joy.

How was she going to explain this to her Uncle ?. Or even to David?. Or.... Jacob?.

No, not Jacob because he won't care if he'd knocked her up or not ,right?.

She wasn't sure . She couldn't think straight right now .

Alice had said that Jacob would be there in the morning to check out the scent of the Vampire . She didn't know why ,but it seemed important .

Bella had made the choice to include the wolves on  protection detail .  The house would be watched 24/7.
It was something Shannon didn't particular like because she'd be feeling like she's in a prison or something .

She clutched her hands together not knowing what to do with them as her thoughts spiralled through her mind .

Dr Cullen had miraculously produced every single medicine that a pregnant woman would need and a bag full of them  was  sat at Shannon's feet .

She thought of all the vitamins and minerals she'd be getting into her body to help her maintain a healthy pregnancy . It felt weird just thinking about the word ' pregnancy ' let alone say it out loud . Or even hearing someone else saying it .

She didn't want to say it or think about it ,yet she had to . She would have to sit her Uncle down and talk to him about it. Oooh, he was probably going to be so angry .

She let out a puff of air as she heaved a sigh .

" Oh, well . What's done is done . I can't go back now and change things ".

Minutes later they pulled up at the house and Shannon got out of the car  after  speaking a few words with Alice .

The air was crisp outside of the warm interior of the car .

It allowed Shannon's thoughts to vanish for the moment so that her mind was clear as she walked up to the front door.

Her Uncle was the only one up at this late hour and he greeted her when she walked inside .

He asked her about her study session and she had to lie so he wouldn't figure out that there wasn't any study session .

She then said goodnight and went upstairs to her room feeling a bit scared when she reached the hallway where she'd spoken to the Vampire boy .

He probably just acted like he had been in the bathroom and had been somewhere else instead .

She went into her room and shut the door quickly because she didn't want to even think about that boy .