C9

" Sorry, Shannon ,but I can't take you and David to school today . I'm catching a ride with Edward . Alice will be stopping by to pick you two up".

Shannon looked up from her bowl of cereal giving her cousin  a quick smile .

Bella flashed one back before walking out of the kitchen towards the front door .

Shannon sighed and shook her head . Bella was clearly way over the  normal smitten line when it comes to Edward Cullen .

She can't blame her . Love wasn't something you asked for or could stop from entering your personal space . It crept where it wanted .

A car horn honked and she stood up calling out for David who came walking slowly  down the stairs with a look of resignation on his face .

Shannon didn't know what to say to him to make him feel better about going to school today .

She planned to confront the boy and girl that had hurt him .

She just didn't know if she should because she knew that confronting them might make everything worse .

Yes she'd be angry the day before and yes she'd thought of showing them ,but she'd calmed down some so she could think logically about this .

What if when she confronts them they bully her brother further and think him a sissy for hiding behind her ?.

She wanted her brother to have a normal life and if she made it worse he couldn't .

" Come on ,Davi . Alice is going to get impatient ", she said holding her hand out to him .

He didn't take it . Instead he pushed past  her to get to the front door first .

She sighed heavily before following him outside .

Alice wasn't alone in her red expensive car . Valerie and Andrew  sat in the back seat cuddling .

" Morning", Alice chimed  giving them her biggest brightest smile .

" Morning ", Shannon mumbled as she opened the front passenger side for David .

She know he wouldn't want to sit with the two others in the back .

David copied the greeting half-heartedly .

" Hey ,Mate, why so glum?", Andrew asked once Alice pulled the car  out of the driveway .

Shannon sighed again . " Just some kids being mean to David yesterday ", she replied.

Valerie furrowed her brows ." Who?", she asked .

" Some boy named Grayson Newton and a girl named Ashlynn. I don't know her last name ".

Andrew scowled angrily . " Well, I know Newton . He's an A class jerk . Don't worry Val and I'll set him straight . He won't even know what happened . You'll see . So don't worry about retaliation . "

Shannon felt lighter at that . She didn't have to confront them which was good .

" Um... thanks ", she said .

Valerie smiled . " No problem , Shannon . We were once new kids too . Two years ago ,to be exact . Mike Newton tried to be mean to  Edward . We set him straight  . He never tried anything again. Well, he does bitch and moan sometimes ,but other than that he stays far away from us as possible ".

Shannon didn't know what to say to that . All she could do was feel grateful for having these two in her and David's corner .

The rest of the drive to school , Valerie spoke about fashion and Bella's birthday party that was going to be held on September the 13th .