Chapter 6: An Unexpected Guest

The day after all the chaos in my mind I wake up on the opposite side of Katia's bed. She doesn't even look my way because of how often this happens. Either I get scared and don't want to be alone in my room or I just sleepwalk into her bed, it's become a very normal occurrence.

I throw an arm over my eyes to block out the sun as Katia laughs, "What scared you this time?"

I turn to look at her, "I don't remember waking up and coming here so..."

"You know, I never understood why you sleepwalk."

"Trust me I wish I knew." Just then, Katia's phone rings.

"Hey, what's up?" She's always casual, even to her guards, it honestly confuses me sometimes "Wait what?!" She sits up, "I never agreed to anything today! Oh- shit okay, uhhh- tell him I'll be down in a few and let him in...I guess- wait! No! Don't let him in yet! I'll let him in myself. Okay, bye," she ends the call and sighs in frustration and bangs her head against the backboard.

I look at her in confusion, "what's wrong?"

"Uhmmm... let's just say that we have a very unexpected guest here and I don't think you want to know who it is," she hurries to get up and I immediately stop her by running to stand in front of the door.

"Katia I'm serious who is it."

"I'm serious too! You really don't want to know who it is!" She repeats. I walk to her closet, find a tank top and silky long-sleeve button-up with black bottoms, "What do you think you're doing?!"

"Finding out myself who's here since you won't tell me." I walk out of the room and grab a hijab from my room to go with the outfit I stole from her closet, she changes quickly and rushes after me. She grabs my arm and pulls me to a stop. "Samina, wait!"

"What?!"

"Let me get the door at least. Please, just go get a drink of water and cool down I don't think you want him to see you like this."

Him? Oh whatever... I sigh in frustration but I understand where she's coming from, so I just nod and go into the kitchen to get a glass of water. Slowly, I calm down, I don't really know why I'm so irked by Katia not telling me who it is. Maybe she knows I might react worse than this if I knew who it was... I don't know.

It's quiet in the kitchen so I can hear Katia and our unexpected guest in the other room. From what I hear it sounds like just one person...a man...his voice- it sounds familiar. It sounds beautiful.

I move closer to the door and he sounds angry..."You know exactly who I'm talking about Katia now tell me... Where. Is. She."

Definitely angry.

But who is he...? Hold up- He sounds too familiar. I rush over to the door and lean my ear against it. "Stop fooling around and tell me where she is before I kill you and look for her myself."

Wallah I shouldn't have opened the door, I really shouldn't have, but him threatening someone I love is crossing a thin line.

I grab the handle and open the door to see the most beautiful face with a scowl formed on his lips. Katia's blade is pointed at him and his gun is also pointed at her.

It's him. The last man I ever wanted to see.

Azim Hafeez.

~❀~

A/n:Salam! How is everyone? The update took longer due to me being in pain and just me being lazy so I hope you liked this one even though it's left on a cliffhanger ☺️