Chapter 7: "You're crazy."

Azim and Katia immediately stop talking.

He turns towards me slowly as a smile begins to form on his lips, "Just the woman I was looking for."

"I sure wasn't looking for you but it seems like you've threatened my friend," I say mocking his smile.

"Habibti be reasonable here, she threatened me first."

"I don't care if you're my fiancé or not, I will kill you. You don't mean anything to me, I don't even know you."

His smile turns into a scowl, "Now, now, Habibti don't be mean." He walks over to me and I back up, not because I'm scared, just because I want there to be a big distance of space between him and me if I have to get married to him soon.

I look anywhere but at his face as he begins to say, "I just need to have a chat... To get to know you before the wedding."

My nails begin to dig into my palm and I'm not even the least bit worried about breaking skin, "let me tell you something Hafiz," My voice lowers to a whisper only he can hear, "I don't want anything to do with you or your family until the wedding. I need my alone time before being attached to someone for the rest of my life, or Allah knows what I'll do to you if I have to see your stupid face again."

He scoffs, "Says the person who can't even look me in the eye when she talks to me."

"It's because I have Sharam (shame) unlike someone in this room that keeps getting close to me when I back away!"

"Habibti all I want is to talk," he tells me mockingly trying to get me to give in to talking to him more.

"No. I will not spend another second talking to you until the wedding now, get out of Katia's house," I turn to Katia, "Can you please tell this man to get out!"

She looks at him then looks at me miserably, "Sorry babe, I don't have that authority over him."

I can't believe it! This man cannot possibly hold this much power. Azim clicks his tongue and walks towards me until I can't move any further, due to the stupid wall behind me, and places each hand on the wall trapping me from leaving. I cover my face with my hands thinking that if I don't see him then he's not there. I repeat that over and over until he leans in and whispers in my ear, "Come on Habibti all I'm asking is to get to know you."

This cannot be happening to me. The number of times I've kept myself away from this man just for him to waltz into the house I'm in, corner me and whisper in my ear. This can't be Halal at all.

I take my hands off of my face and kick him away from me, "You're crazy if you think I want to get to know you. You're crazy if you think you can come into my life and expect me to do anything for your benefit. You. Are Crazy."

He just smiles and wipes the dust of my shoe off from his black suit then looks at me, though I look at his ears so I don't have to look at his face, "You're a feisty one aren't you?" He chuckles, "I'll be seeing you in a few days Habibi, ma'a Salama."

"Shukrun," I say mockingly.

He walks out of the house, but not before waving and blowing a kiss towards me, Wallah he's so immature!

The second he leaves I turn to Katia and smack her arm, "Ow! What was that for?!"

"For not mentally preparing me for that."

"Fair," then she goes in to lecture me on how that man could've killed me with a flick of his wrist and I end up falling asleep less than halfway through it... I'm exhausted.

~~

A/n: Salam everyone! The next chapter will be out soon ♥️