Chapter 18: Well then...

Samina Hadid
I wake up and quite literally almost scream. My face heats up as I realize who I'm cuddled up with. I slowly untangle my limbs from him, but not efficiently enough because he's opened his eyes and is smirking down at me. Quickly, I all but jump to the other side of the bed.

"Relax Habibti, we're married now. It's not shameful," he jabs, using my words against me, then closes his eyes nonchalantly. I glare at him as if it would do anything to hide my embarrassment. My face is, in fact very hot right now.

The sun shines through the window and after a few minutes to calm myself down I come to a realization, "I need clothes."

"You're wearing some right now, so technically you don't need any," he says opening his eyes.

My face heats, "Real clothes. Not your clothes."

He sighs, "Go to the bathroom, there's some in there for you."

I give him one last glance and, sure enough, when I step inside the bathroom I see a set of clothes waiting for me. I close the door and put them on. The material is nice and cool, and the hijab is a nice cream color and it fits the theme of the outfit.

When I walk out, thankfully he's not there anymore. I check my phone and see that he left a message telling me to go downstairs, eat then come straight back to the room. "I'll eat, but I definitely won't be coming 'straight back' that's for sure," I mumble.

Leaving the room I go to the first floor. The scenery is even more beautiful in the daylight. Though, again, I won't say this out loud. The maid has prepared breakfast and it sits on the dining table, though the maid is yet to be seen. I eat, then put on a jacket and walk outside.

I ask one of his guards where the cars are, and he points me in the right direction. The garage is huge. I text Katia and ask her if she's still in the country, and she calls me. "HI SAMINA!!"

I wince at her yell, "Hi Katia," I rub my ear, "thanks for blasting my eardrums," she scoffs.

"As of you don't do the same to me."

"Touché. So I was wondering if you're still around I'll come to pick you up and we can hang out?"

She sighs, "Aw I'm sorry, I just got on the plane, and I'm going back home, my brothers are waiting for a report. I couldn't have just sent it on my phone because who knows what kind of people are waiting for me to slip up. Again I'm so sorry." She apologizes again.

"No, you're fine. No need to apologize. You have a job you have to do, I understand," I laugh, "Me on the other hand? I'm about to take one of his cars for a nice spin."

She giggles, "That's my girl."

We talk a little longer, then say our goodbyes. With a smile on my face, I open the garage door, and wow. Just wow. So many expensive cars are lined up ready to be driven, from classic to modern, you name it, it's here. Of course, I'm not a car fanatic so I don't know the name of all the cars.

Thankfully the keys were all labeled so I didn't have to guess and hope with the cars. I get in the car I'm most familiar with, the Porsche 911 GT3. Thank God it's automatic because if not, I'd have a problem.

Opening the garage door with the button I run back to the car, start it, then of course rev it. Thankfully I know where I'm going, and the guards didn't even blink an eye when I left, so I guess he forgot to give them orders to keep me in the house. What an idiot.

I drive to the closest mall, slip on my abaya, and get out. I haven't been here in a while. By a while, I mean over five years. I'm surprised I even knew where I was going, well technically I had no idea where I was going. I was just driving till I found the place. Since I suck at using a GPS. It's okay though because I'm here and safe.

Walking into the store, I find the perfect place. The bookstore. Since I took his card, I plan on spending his money very unwisely. I buy some romance books, then go to the clothes shop across from the bookstore. I buy some outfits, then hear the athan being called and smile.

I don't have too many fond memories of home, but the call to prayer was always something that made me smile. Ammi would find it weird, but every time Katia would come over, she'd understand. Every prayer is like a break from reality, it's calming and peaceful. I buy the clothes and walk towards the mosque, while stores close down for Duhur prayer.

Then I feel something wrong, I feel like someone is watching me. Before I can take hold of the gun strapped to my thigh hard metal presses against my back. "Move your hands away from the weapon," the person says.

Slowly I lift my hands, indicating that I've left the gun on my thigh. "Good. Now if you don't want to cause a scene, then you can walk out of here with me calmly, but of course, if you do," the person points to the little girl walking with her mom to their car, "You see them?" I nod. "That little girl won't go home with a mother today." I clench my jaw and have no choice but to nod.

I keep my hands open as we walk. I have a feeling there was a reason why I should've stayed inside today.

~❀~

A/n: Salam! That took wayyyy too long to write:| I also see that I have a bigger audience now so Salam to everyone that reads this! I'm glad that everyone's enjoying Samina and Azim's crazy life as much as I am! New chapter will be coming soon! Byeee