Chapter 17: Ruhi

Azim Hafeez
I walk into the bedroom and see her. Sprawled on my bed, in my clothes. I walk up to the bed and pick her up from underneath her thighs, and back. Surprisingly she doesn't wake up, as I place her underneath the covers, taking the blanket wrapped around her off.

Her hair spills down, to her side, and somehow she looks even more beautiful. She is breathtakingly beautiful. I thought she was the most beautiful person before, but her beauty is indescribable. I stand there just a few seconds longer than I should have, then walk to the other side and get in bed.

Not wanting to be kicked in my sleep, I stay on the opposite side of the bed. Sadly, I had to kick Laith, my pet tiger, out of my room for a while because of Samina's fear. I hope he forgives me for making him sleep in his den.

I'll deal with everything else tomorrow, the conflicts and deals with the Indonesian Mafia, the Russians, ties with the Pakistani and Indian mafias, as well as the Italians...as long as she doesn't try to escape. All should be well.

I take one more glance at her, I feel something odd in my chest... I absently rub it, it's like I can't take my eyes off of her. The more I look at her the more my chest... never mind. I decide to ignore it and close my eyes.

The sound of the bedsheets rustling coming from beside me wakes me up, and I look over. Samina gets out of bed, and I can't tell if she's sleepwalking or not, so I pretend to sleep, but continue to watch from underneath my eyelashes. She walks over to the window, hair spilling down the back of my shirt that she's wearing. To be honest, she looks amazing in my clothes, but I'll never admit that.

She opens the curtains and the lights in the far distance shine Into the room, I try not to laugh when she puts her forehead on the glass and lets her arms dangle at her sides. She's definitely not awake, or she'd be livid that I was watching her.

"If this is what I wake up to at three in the morning, I don't think I want to sleep anywhere else," I whisper under my breath. I get out of bed and walk over to where she stands. Her breathing is even, and her eyes are closed, confirming that she's asleep. Who knew she could fall asleep standing up? I stop when I notice water droplets on the ground. Looking at her, she is still sleeping, but... tears are flowing down her cheeks.

My chest begins to ache again, and I rub at it. I understand she's upset, but right now... is she dreaming? I don't know why I care, but I do. I shake my head, enough nonsense. Carefully I lift her head off the window and pick her up into my arms. She mumbles something and I'm afraid she'll wake up. Thankfully, she stays asleep and buries her head into the crook of my neck.

I put her back in bed and pull the blanket over her. I wipe away her tears, and walk to the other side, pulling the blanket over myself. I attempt to go back to sleep when the bed shifts. I open my eyes in confusion, and quickly my confusion is replaced with amusement when Samina wraps her arms around my waist and cuddles to my side. "Who knew you were a clingy sleeper." I don't remove her from my side, but wrap an arm around her as well, two can play at this.

I place a kiss on her soft hair, and close my eyes, "Whatever keeps your nightmares away, Ya Ruhi.

~❀~

A/n: Ik Ik you're all probably like...sleepwalking?! And yes. She does indeed sleepwalk. :> ANYWAYS YOU SEE WHAT I DID THERE AT THE END?! :)) I can't wait to write the next chapter!! Salam everyoneeee!