Chapter 11: Getting Ready

I've showered and eaten breakfast, now the stylist is here... she's poking and prodding at me like I'm some rag doll. I am not having fun.

Katia left me to go see her, and I quote, "idiot of a boyfriend," Because she's obviously coming with him to the wedding, and she needed to help him get ready, this and that.

I wonder if I just got up and just flew to, like, Antarctica... would they find me? Probably.' So much for that, I sigh.

A few minutes later I've had enough of her hair pulling, "If you don't stop pulling my hair like that I am going to cut your arm off, lady."

She looks at me in shock, "I- sorry I won't do it again."

I furrow my eyebrows, and pull away from her, "Wait, why are you even touching my hair? It's going to be in a hijab?"

She looks down and says, "The Boss told us to put you in a transparent dupatta for the wedding."

My blood boils, "Oh did he now?" She nods innocently, and I don't want to take my anger out on her since it's not her fault, so I just give her a smile and ask for her phone, "Can you pull up your boss's number for me please?"

Her hands shake as she finds his contact number, aww I didn't want to make her nervous, "Thank you so much," I say as she gives me the phone and give her a soft smile to calm her nerves, then I look at the phone and begin to type.

S: Khar, you really think you can change the way I dress for your own pleasure. You really are an idiot.

I hit send and to my utter surprise, he replies almost instantly.

A: Wow habibti, I didn't know you had such a foul mouth.
A: You will wear the dress the way I told them to dress you, and you will not give them any trouble, or your actions will have consequences.

S: No. ♥️

I power off the phone and hand it to the stylist, "Don't open that phone until you leave." She nods and puts the phone away. "Okay here's the deal..." I'm about to make this man regret ever giving me demands, and try to force me to take my hijab off.

An hour later the stylist finishes my makeup, and now I have to get into my lehngha, it's a lavender colored, floor length, full of beautiful, intricate designs, lehngha with... pins of butterflys and flowers that will go on my hijab, instead of my hair. I'm surprised, these are my favorite things... how could he have known- no. It's just a coincidence. It is just a coincidence. Don't think too much about it and just put it on.

Yet I can't help but let my mind wander as I put on my lehenga, and let the stylists help me. They zip the back up, and take the light purple-hued hijab and style it on me to shape my face perfectly, the gems on the hijab sparkle in the vanity light. I look... beautiful, breathtaking even.

The dupatta is going on my shoulder until we get to his house for the wedding, from what I've heard it's a big place, so I'm kind of excited to see what it looks like.

After I put my outfit on, I put on all the bridal jewelry, and then sit there deep in thought, and I've decided to try and plaster a smile on my face for the wedding. Maybe it'll be okay? I'm still angry though so I'll see how long this lasts.