Chapter 9: Code Name

"TWO DAYS?! EXCUSE ME?!"

Yeah... Katia is not taking this well. Neither am I, but that's past the point.

"Samina. You're kidding," her eyes are wide and he looks like she's going crazy, "How did you even agree to that?!"

"Hey! I never agreed to anything! I was in complete shock and she left right after she said it to me," I defend myself, "Trust me if I could've said something to Ammi, then I would have. I was busy trying to breathe," I grimace thinking of that moment.

Neither Azim nor I had exchanged a word with each other. Katia would look at me and smile then look at him and stick her middle finger up.  Honestly, she's the only person keeping me from breaking down then and there.

"Okay, okay sorry for assuming, but... what now?"

"You think I know?! I'm too busy trying to figure out why my mother thinks I'm happy about all of this," after seeing the shocked expression on her face I tell her, "Yes. She literally pat me on the back and said I'm so surprised that you're so happy to get married soon...or something like that."

"YOU LOOKED ANYTHING BUT HAPPY!"

"I know."

"Honestly Samina, I have a feeling that she's happy to get you married."

"WoW really?!," I don't want to seem rude or anything but I knew that from the beginning.

I look at my hands, they didn't put mehndi on my hands because I'm getting it done tomorrow at some person Ammi's friends with's house.

Currently, we're in one of Katia's other mansions near the Hall where my wedding will be. Astaghfirullah, I can't believe it. I'll be getting married in two days. I remember the exact moment that Ammi told me the news, I remember the shock. I remember being in sijda for hours that evening into the night. My knees sore, but my heart heavy.

I couldn't breathe that night, and I passed out on the prayer mat. Honestly, I have no idea how I woke up in the morning but I did. I asked Allah for sabr if nothing else, and He gave it to me. Now here I am today... getting married in two days.

~❀~

Katia and I end up falling asleep in her bed with me laying on her stomach with the T.V. on. In the morning, neither of us wants to wake up. Until one of her housekeepers came into the room and said if we don't get out of bed, she'll make us. They're friends, so Katia always lets her nagging slide.

It's great that she has someone like her in the house because I don't think that either of us would be getting out of bed anytime soon.

We groaned but complied, "Maybe I should do some background checks on him?"

"Eh? What?"

"I'll tell you more later," we were both still half asleep so she's basically hearing gibberish right now. We brush our teeth and then go downstairs to eat breakfast.

"So as I was saying earlier, I'm going to do some background checks on him," honestly I'm probably being petty but I don't want to say his name.

"Oooh we should give him a code name," Katia exclaims.

I mean... if I don't think about it, it's not a bad idea, "Sure, what should we name him."

"I don't know," she trails off, thinking. I can't possibly think of a 'code name' for this man. Hmmm maybe... Nah. "I GOT IT," she shouts and I fall out of my seat.

"Astaghfirullah woman!"

"Sorry," she says guilty, "BUT... how about, wait for it... Prince Charming!"

I stare at her with disgust, "No."

"Come onnnnnn it was good!"

We end up never finding a good code name for him, I guess him is going to work for now.

~❀~

A/n: Salam I hope you liked it!