Chapter 4

You woke up to the feeling of a body adjusting next to you. You cracked your eyes open to see Blitz turned toward you, gently snoring. You took the time to study him further. He was attractive, dominant, riveting and yet when seeing him in such a fragile state of sleep he appeared gentle, sweet, and delicate. You felt his tail still wrapped carefully around yours, they fit together in perfect symmetry. His bare chest rose gently with each breath that he took, his mouth positioned open just a tad. You sat like that for a while, just content with observing him before you heard a gentle squeak of a door.

"That's cute" Loona's voice quietly rang.
"I don't want to wake him up."
"He's a heavy sleeper" Loona chimed before walking over to the bed and shaking Blitz frantically. You expected him to wake up in a fit, but instead he was still in a deep sleep.

You carefully unraveled your tail from his and  climbed out of the bed, following Loona over to the kitchen. She got out a few different types of cereal, some milk, and three bowls.

"Help yourself" she demanded.
"How was the party?" You asked, grabbing the nearest box of cereal.
"It was uh, fun."
"You and that Vortex guy, huh?" You winked.
"No, no. He's got uh, he's got a girlfriend."
"Oh...I'm sorry."
"It's cool."

Loona scarfed down her breakfast and began heading toward her room when a gentle jingle filled the room. She bent down over Blitz, snatching his phone and looking at the caller ID. She slapped Blitz, hard, shaking him out of his sleep.

"Huh! What the fuck, Loonie!" He yelled.
"Bird guy is calling, you better answer" she smirked, tossing the phone into Blitz's hands.

He stood, mumbling some words you couldn't hear, and walked out into the balcony with his phone in hand. You finished your breakfast, quickly cleaned up your dishes, and found your way toward the bathroom.

Your reflection in the mirror startled you for a moment, forgetting what you now looked like. You took a deep breath and touched your face, your now red skin, your horns, your tail. Yup, that really was you. You turned on the water and got undressed, carefully folding the clothes that Blitz had leant you and setting them on the counter before stepping in and washing up.

A gentle knock at the door caught your attention, followed by the door creaking open.

"H-hey, Y/N, I brought you some work clothes. We've gotta leave in a half hour" Blitz chimed, his voice sounding already exhausted.
"Okay, thank you."

Blitz left you a pair of black jeans, a black top, a black and red jacket, black boots, and a pair of red gloves. It was an outfit almost identical to the one you saw him wearing yesterday. You pulled the clothing onto yourself and were surprised at how well everything fit, your curves just better filled out the material.

You shook out your hair that fell in wet curls around your face, took one last look at your appearance and walked out of the bathroom door.

"Damn, looks legit" Loona commented from the now folded up couch.
"Huh?-" Blitz said, turning toward your direction. He stopped speaking and took your appearance in, his jaw gently hanging open.
"Does it look okay?" You asked.
"Fuck. You're made for this job, just saying" Blitz's smile grew large on his face.

The three of you jumped in the van and headed toward I.M.P. head quarters, the same musical numbers echoed from the radio before Loona reached forward and changed the station to heavy metal. You expected Blitz to protest, but instead he didn't miss a beat and began singing those songs as well knowing them from heart.

"So, objective of the day is to get you caught up on what exactly it is we do and how I.M.P. Is ran. We've got...how many jobs in the books for today, Loonie?"
"Four."
"Perfect. You can join us if you'd like, or you can hang back at the office."
"I think I'll stay behind...for today" you murmured as the building came into view. Millie and Moxxie stood on the sidewalk, holding one another in their grasps.

~inside I.M.P.~

"Meeting in five minutes, gonna check my voicemail" Blitz stated as he unlocked the office door and waltzed inside.
"Ya look really great, Y/N" Millie complimented with a large toothy smile.
"Oh, thank you. You look great, too."
"She always does" Moxxie added, pulling in Millie for a kiss before the pair made their way to the conference table.
"How long have you guys been married for?" You asked cheerily as you followed behind them.
"A year now" Millie rubbed her nose against his playfully.
"That's awesome, I hope I can have something like you guys have someday."
"Have you ever been in love? Had a boyfriend? Or a girlfriend, whatever?" Millie asked from her seat.
"Uh, no. Nothing serious. I guess I have a hard time connecting with people."
"No, you just haven't found the right person to connect with" Moxxie corrected as Blitz entered the room.
"Who's connecting with who?" He asked.
"You and Stolas will be connecting soon, it's almost that time of the month, full moon and all" Millie teased, winking and nudging at Blitz.
"Millie, I'm not above bitch slapping a woman in front of her husband" Blitz begrudgingly argued.

You felt your heart clamber in your chest. A feeling of annoyance, jealousy, and rage filled your stomach as you made eye contact with Blitz.

"Whose Stolas?" You asked, trying to keep your composure through gritting teeth.
"I'll explain everything today. Meeting canceled. Y/N, can we talk in my office?" Blitz asked, his face stone cold.

You pressed your hands against the surface of the table and forced yourself up before pivoting toward his office. You felt yourself getting hot, your fists balled at your sides, your fingers nails dug into your palms.

"Way to fucking go, Mills" Blitz snarled from behind you.
"What? What did I do?"

You entered his office, harshly slamming the door behind you in his face.