Chapter 29

"Okay, so we just...wait here then?" You snatched a rifle off the pile of guns, opened the cartridge and checked it, it was already completely loaded. You slammed the cartridge back into the rifle and held it to your eye, looking down the barrel.

"Nice form, where'd you learn?" Moxxie asked after a moment before reaching down and picking up a gun himself.

"Oh, uh my dad, before I died and everything" you answered. The words felt weird on your tongue, it was like you had forgotten that you even had a life before this one.

"My daddy and momma taught me everything I know, too!" Millie squealed, "gotta take them skills and make um proud!" She said as she cocked a gun.

Blitz walked up behind you, wrapping his arms around your waist and pulling you into him closely, "you look sexy holding a gun," he whispered into your ear. You felt yourself melt beneath his touch.

"Wha-?" Moxxie and Millie both stood just a few feet away, confusion filling their faces.

"Oh yeah, they're totally fucking," Loona answered, her eyes on her phone while she quickly texted someone.

"Hold on a minute, y'all been fucking? Y'all are a thing?! She's your girlfrienddddd?" Millie smiled, her hands cupped and pressed into her cheek. You anticipated Blitz immediately saying no, but there was a hesitation and an awkward silence that filled the room instead.

"Yes" Blitz responded.

"Yes?" You questioned him.

"I mean, not officially I haven't uh, I haven't asked but, yes we are seeing each other...right?" His face showed an emotion that you hadn't really seen from Blitz before, he was scared. Scared of your response, scared of rejection. You gently let the rifle hang by your side and with your free hand you reached towards Blitz and held his hand in yours, gently squeezing it to get him reassurance.

"Yes" you smiled, relief washed over his face.

"Ya'll are so damn cuteeee, I can't handle it! I knew ya'll were fallin' in love! Moxxie, you owe me five bucks!" Millie squealed.

"They're good together," Loona added, a small smirk formed on her face.

"Alright can we stop all the mushy bullshit and get back to the whole preparing for an assassin to come and try to kill us thing?" Blitz commanded, walking toward the back wall and snatching up two guns in his hands, "we need to make sure everything is fully loaded and ready to go, we only have an hour."

All of you began going through your weaponry, loading guns that weren't loaded and sharpening blades that had begun going dull. The amount of weapons was almost astonishing, you hadn't realized how many IMP had in storage. Everyone transported the guns from the living room into the bedroom, out of sight for anyone who entered the apartment. You were all designating weapons to one another when suddenly there was a loud knock at the door, three identical thumps.

Blitz put his hands on your worried shoulders and said, "just act natural, they'll bring the shit in and if there's a problem then we react." You nodded under his touch and made your way toward the door, peering out of the peep hole.

There stood the salesman you had met earlier at the store and a few moving men behind him. You examined each one to find nothing out of the ordinary. You took a deep breath and a glance over your shoulder at Blitz, he gave you a thumbs up. You clicked the lock on the door and let it swing open towards you.

"Hi!," you smiled brightly, "you can just set everything in the living room, I've got some friends here that'll help me organize it."

"Great, can you just sign here?" The salesman handed you a clipboard. You scribbled down your signature and pushed it back in his grasp.