Chapter 21

You woke up the next morning laying beside Blitz, his tail wrapped around yours, his arms holding you fondly, his face inches away from yours. You smiled as you examined his face, it was filled with contentment and peace as he dreamed deeply. You peeled the blanket off of you and slid out of his grasp and out of the bed, his sleeping figure grumbled in response, tossing over and finding comfort in another position.

    Bacon sizzled as you slapped it onto the surface of the pan, grease immediately began popping into the air, the smell floating through the apartment. You popped in a few pieces of bread into the toaster and snagged the butter out of the fridge. Making breakfast had become one of your favorite things to do for Loona and Blitz, their reaction to the food the moment that they woke up always made you feel elated. You cracked a few eggs into a large plastic bowl and poured in a fair amount of milk, whisking it rapidly.

    "How did I become the luckiest guy in Hell?" Blitz's voice surprised you from behind. He wrapped his arms around you as you began turning over the bacon in its pan.
    "You're the lucky one?" a smile spread on your lips as he began kissing your neck.
    "I've never had anyone take care of me like this before," he said between kisses.
    "I've never loved anyone like this before" you smiled, his grip got tighter around your waist.
    "Me either" he agreed, watching as you put the remainder of the bacon on a plate and poured the eggs into the pan.

He turned you to face him, then grabbed under your legs and lifted you onto the counter. You sat there, your legs dangling off the edge as he stood in front of you, your foreheads pressed together.

"Come on baby, you're gonna make us late for work" you giggled as he reached over and took the pan off the heat.

"I was actually thinking of giving everyone the day off" he smiled widely.

"Oh really? Why's that?" You pressed.

"Well...I've been pretty, uh, preoccupied lately and everyone's picked up my slack, I figured it'd be nice for everyone to get an extra paid day off. I'll head in and catch up on some stuff" he explained.

"Oh aren't you just the best boss?" You winked, leaning in and pressing your lips onto his. As you pulled away you added, "but I do have one complaint."

"Hmm?"

"That I don't get any extra time with you since you're still gonna be working" you pouted.

"Oh my baby," he cooed, "I'll be back home before you know it and I'll make it up to you" he said, running his hand over the crotch of your pants. You straightened your posture and let out a gentle hiss.

"Ugh, the things you do to me" you whimpered, placing a kiss on his smile.

"You guys are gross" Loona's voice suddenly cracked through the silence as she snagged a piece of toast and a few pieces of bacon, "thanks for the breakfast, Y/N".

"You're welcome" you smiled, sliding off of the counter.

"Loony, enjoy your extra day off" Blitz smiled.

"Paid?" She eyed him.

"Paid."

"Sweet! Im gonna go meet up with Tex then" she snatched her phone out of her pocket and started texting.

You cupped Blitz's face and pressed your foreheads together, distracting him from his parental urge to tell Loona not to hang around a boy. He planted a kiss on your lips before snagging his phone and heading toward the balcony.

"I'm gonna call the M&M's and let them know about work" Blitz called back to you before heading through the door.

You plated up the remainder of the breakfast and placed it all on the table, then you went back to the kitchen and cleaned up all the dishes you had used this morning. Blitz came waltzing back inside a few minutes later and sat at the table, immediately downing most of the breakfast.