Chapter 40

He stopped in his tracks and turned his head toward you in urgency, his eyes connected with yours. A knowing look spread across his face as he studied your being, a mutual understanding silently formed between the two of you. You ran your hand down the band of your pants and set your hand over the handle of your knife, prepared to spring it out of its holster as soon as possible.

    Nero began chuckling slowly, his smile spread up to his ears. He looked similar to the way he did before he died except now his skin was red and dotted with white spots. His teeth were just as sharp as everyone else's you've met, his horns poked through his hoodie and were stripped and twisted like that of a lamb. You focused your attention on his arms waiting for them to reach toward the gun that you knew was still in his back pocket.

    "So, you made it to Hell, huh?" you smirked and chuckled.

    "This is Hell? Oh damn, I thought we were in Heaven." Sarcasm poisoned his voice.

    "Why are you looking for me?" you glared trying your hardest not to look up towards the windows above and give away everyone's cover even though you so badly wanted to see their faces for support.

    "Oh, I'm the one looking for you? And yet here you are, waiting for me."

    "I figured if you were looking for me I might as well make it easier on you. I want to know why you killed me, why did you choose me?"

    "You were just in the wrong place at the right time, sweetheart," he smiled a toothy grin, his hand reaching toward his waistband.

    "If you hadn't killed me neither of us would be here right now." you took a step back.

    "So you know, huh? You know that you killed me? That your little biting spree did a number on me?" he snarled, his brows furrowed with frustration and intensity.

    "I didn't kill you, you killed yourself. If you hadn't attacked me I wouldn't have defended myself!" you yelled as you set your hand onto your pocket, feeling the knife sheath.

    "What are you trying to do here? Get me to apologize? Admit my wrong doings and get on my hands and knees and beg for forgiveness? Because that's not happening, princess," a wider smile sprawled across his face as his tone softened.

    "No. I just wanted to look my killer in the face."

    "Well here I am doing the same. You look just as pathetic and clueless as you did when I first saw you. You want to know why I chose you? Because you look weak, worthless, like not a single person in the world would give a fuck what happened to you" he said as he threw his hands into the air in a dramatic gesture, chuckling as he exposed his torso with no hands near his weapon.

    Suddenly everything went red. You felt an immense sting of anger filling your body. It trickled from your toes to your calves and up your thighs. You wrapped your fingers around the knife in your pocket and yanked it free from its sheath and as he closed his eyes laughing at you, you sprung toward him and pushed the knife into his torso strongly. You then reached around his back and snagged his gun, chucking it to the side and causing it to slam into a garbage can.

    You shoved him downwards and slammed him against the asphalt of the alleyway. You clambered on top of him and continued to plunge your weight against the handle of the knife causing it to dig deeper into his flesh. He hissed in pain and began slashing his hands in your direction trying to grab hold of the blood covered knife and yank it from his skin. You kept a tight grip on the handle and began twisting it in a circular motion, then you began dragging it through his torso and upwards. He screamed in agony as you smiled down at him, his blood soaking through your clothing as well as his.

    "You're a disgusting piece of shit," you insulted him before you yanked the knife out of his body and lifted it above your head, "and I can finally live in peace knowing that you're fucking gone!" you yelled as you shoved the knife downwards and smashed it into his forehead. He was still alive as his eyes stared at you in dismay and his hands weakly tried to push you off of his being. You yanked the knife out again and began slamming it downwards into his skull, yanking it back out, and continuing slashing it back against his face. Finally everything stopped. His movements, his breathing, his gurgling. He lay beneath you completely motionless and you knew he was dead.

    You breathed heavily and clambered off of him dropping your knife beside him. You let yourself fall against the side of the building and you began sobbing, tears dripped onto your blood covered shirt. You looked up toward the windows and saw them, everyone looking at you in shock from the windows. For some reason you half expected them to hate you, to judge you, to be disgusted by the events that they just witnessed but you were wrong. Moxxie began slowly clapping, Millie began hooting and hollering, Loona smiled and gave you a thumbs up and then there was Blitz.

    Blitz jumped from the window and quickly let himself down the fire escape. He jumped down from the ladder and ran across the alleyway and towards you. He stopped for a moment and kicked Nero's dead body in the face harshly, and then he joined by your side and scooped you into his arms. He kissed you passionately, his tongue shoving into your mouth, his touch gripling at you with desire. You wrapped your arms around him and kissed him with need, your tears still leaking down your face.

    "I love you," he gasped as he pulled away from your embrace, blood was splattered onto his face, his eyes glowed as he stared at you with intense admiration.

    "I love you, too" you exhaled deeply and wiped your tears off of your face causing more blood to smother onto your face. You laughed weakly as Blitz pulled you up from your sitting position and wrapped your arm around his back. He jumped and snagged onto the ladder, pulling himself up onto it. Once he was on the ladder he turned back towards you and offered you his hand. You took a deep breath and grabbed onto his grasp and for the first time in your time in Hell it felt as though there was nothing for you to worry about. But you were wrong.

You glanced down toward Nero's body and were shocked to see just a pool of blood in it's place. You gasped and squeezed Blitz's hand tightly and got his attention. He yanked you up onto the platform of the fire escape and held you as you both looked down towards the missing figure and the blood in it's place.

"Wha-where the fuck did he go?!" Blitz yelled and stared into the window.

"Uh..sir...a portal opened up beneath him and he just kind of fell into it...he's gone" Moxxie explained over the window ledge. 

"A portal?" You questioned, your eyes staring at Stolas.

"This is not good." He shook his head.

-AUTHORS NOTE-

Hey guys! I definitely wasn't expecting this story to receive so much love and I am so grateful for each of you who has taken the time to read my work, star it, comment, and so on. I love you guys and really appreciate all of the kindness!

-story update-

I have a pretty good idea of where I want this story to go and how I want it to end, though I am definitely planning to create a second "book" to this story, so the ending is far from near!

I'm not certain of how many more chapters I'll add to this particular story, but we'll just see with time.

Again thank you for your support,
Xoxo
-author