Chapter 31

"The hit has been taken care of, Blitzy," you heard his voice get closer as he pranced into the room.

"Great, and the snake bitch is gone?" Blitz asked.

"As far as I know your employees have drove him out of town. He shan't have a reason to return so I assume he's no longer a concern," Stolas rounded the couch until he was in your view. You tried hard not to let your anger show in your face, but the last time that you had seen Stolas he was forcing a kiss on Blitz, "there she is! How are you little imp?" His question lingered as you felt anger fill your subconscious.

"Never been better," your voice was poisoned with sarcasm.

"That's wonderful," Stolas reach down one of his longer arms and patted your head with his sharp fingers, "I assume that Blitzy as informed you of our new agreement then?"

You eyes darted toward Blitz, he maintained a relaxed posture, a smirk cut through his unmoved expression.

"Not yet, she uh- hasn't been around much. Had some stuff going on," Blitz answered. You looked back at Stolas who cupped his hands in front of him and smiled happily down at you with all four of his eyes.

"Well splendid! I'll give her the news then," Stolas cleared his throat, "Blitzy and I will no longer exchange sexual favors in return for the use of my grimoire. He informed me of your recent affairs and the growth of your relationship and how our deal was causing some...tension between the two of you. Instead of intimacy Blitzy has declared that I am able to use any of his services whenever I so please and in return he is able to use the grimoire to keep his little business afloat. Now if he chooses to partake in a night of intimacy that's his decision, but it will no longer be a monthly requirement. Is that a deal that is satisfactory to you as well?"

You couldn't tell if his smile was genuine or riddled with sarcasm but he continued to wait for your response.

"That's-uh-really nice, Stolas, thank you" you muttered, unsure of what else to say.

"Now with all that being said," Stolas brought his cupped hands beneath his chin, "I shall go. Octavia will be over to my house soon. If you need me you know where to find me, Blitzy" Stolas winked before he waved a hand and was gone.

"He...he agreed? He's fine with the whole not having sex thing?" Your voice shook.

"We got to an agreement. I can't promise you that he'll stop flirting or stop trying to convince me to fuck, but just know it's no longer a requirement for me to use the stupid book," Blitz smiled as he crawled back beside you, "how do do you feel?"

"I...shocked. I can't believe he, that you, that this..." you trailed on before Blitz pressed a kiss on your forehead and  lightly rubbed your back.

"I know. I can't believe it either, honestly. But I broke down and told him I couldn't do it anymore. There's plenty of Imps that would happily get him off, that's just not me anymore. I think the whole Stella wanting to kill him thing made the protection deal much sweeter."

Blitz continued to trace down your back, holding onto you tightly until it felt like the two of you were melting into one another. You felt at peace, relieved, and in disbelief. Within a few minutes you slipped back asleep.