Chapter 22

Silence.

"Blitz...what the fuck did you do?" Loona's voice broke the silence. You and Blitz continued to maintain eye contact, glaring into each other's beings.

"Y/N, I can explain just..." He began, he reached out toward you.

"No. I don't want an explanation, I don't want you to tell me why I'm wrong or that it's a misunderstanding. I saw what I saw. I feel what I feel!" You yelled, slapping his hands away.

"I invited him there for a meeting, I wanted to ask if there was any other arrangement that we could make to keep using the book without..." he explained.

"Well obviously the answer was no, because there you two were sucking faces" you snarled, snatching the apartment paperwork off of the counter.

"Listen, he leaned in and," he continued. You left the kitchen and walked toward the living room, grabbing your file off of the side table and tucking it into your arms.

"Loona, can I return these in a few days?" You asked, motioning toward the clothes.

"Y-yeah..." she answered.

You began to head toward the front door when Blitz snatched your wrist and pulled you back towards him. Your eyes connected once more, your faces inches apart. Your teeth clenched.

"Please don't leave. You promised me that you wouldn't run away again...don't break that promise...don't lie" the words spit through his teeth like venom.

"I don't give a fuck if I lied. You told me that you loved me...you lied" your face formed into a snarl, your eyes burned into his, one of your pointer fingers shoved into his chest.

"I wasn't lying."

"Your actions speak louder than your words," you tugged your wrist free from his grasp, "I'm sorry I wasn't enough."

You walked through the front door and slammed it behind you, you refused to look back as you darted down the hallway and down the stairwell.

With the two folders containing the entirety of your belongings you were back on the streets of Impcity and this time you truly had no where to go. You couldn't get into your apartment until tomorrow, you couldn't go back to Blitz, you refused to go stay at IMP. So you did what any logical person would do, you walked aimlessly down the shady streets filled with every being who was sent to hell.

You figured maybe you didn't really have to stay anywhere, instead you could just make it through the night and head to your apartment in the morning. That seemed like the only logical thing to do rather than being a burden on anyone. You began heading toward the entryway to hell, the building you were in the moment you arrived. You figured you could safely hangout there until morning came, it would at least be somewhere inside.

Maybe this was fate. It made sense to go back to where you started and try again, try again at making a better life. Try again at figuring things out on your own this time.

You turned down corners and blocks, walking slowly so that you could waste as much of the night as possible. You watched your feet walk one in front of the other, counting your footsteps to pass the time.

"Y/N..." a gentle voice called from behind you. You clutched your belongings a little tighter to your chest and took a deep breath. You slowly turned around and locked eyes. It was Loona.

"Loona...please, just tell Blitz you couldn't
find me and..."

"He didn't send me, I wanted to follow you myself."

"How did you find out where I was heading?" You asked, your eyes darting at the front doors of the entrance to hell.

"Hell hounds, we have a great sense of smell" she noted, tapping on her nose. She gave her a small smile.

"Well...you found me, now what?"

"Can we talk?" She asked.

"Sure," you shrugged.

The two of you walked into the building, pushing open the golden doors and following each other inside. The building was completely empty, just the same angry woman sitting at the front desk, she didn't bother looking at you.

You walked toward a row of chairs across the large room, they were over in the corner and relatively private. You exhaled loudly and let yourself drop into a chair, Loona sat beside you.

"Ya know, I've never been in here" Loona mentioned.
"Yeah?" You asked.
"Yup. Was born and raised in hell so...never had a reason to come in here. It's actually kind of nice" she nodded, her eyes darting around the room.

"Still terrifying when you first get here. Your entire world is completely changed" you said, staring at the opposite end of the room where you had gone the day you first got here.

"You know...my dad...Blitz, I mean...he's really complicated. He's always acted like he didn't give a shit about anyone, like he doesn't need anyone, but he does. He looks at Moxxie and Millie like their relationship is fucking gold, it's all he's ever wanted. I think...I think for a long time he thought he'd get that kind of relationship from Stolas at some point. The kind of relationship where you love someone more than anything in the world. But Stolas...he's royalty. He can't love Blitz more than anything, he has to love his title more. I don't know what Blitz was waiting for, I guess some sort of change. And then, then you came along and..."

"I love you, Loona. You mean the world to me and I appreciate you more than you know, but I saw them. I saw Stolas and," you shook your head.

"I know, I know you did. There's no excuse for it, I don't know why what happened happened but I do know that Blitz loves you, like truly honestly above everything else loves you. I just wanted to tell you in case...well I guess in case you needed to hear it," she stared into your eyes.

You stood and grabbed her hands pulling her up from her seat. Tears began developing in your eyes as you tightly hugged onto Loona, squeezing her as tight as you could and for the first time in a long time you sobbed into the comfort of someone. Loona squeezed you back and allowed you to wail into her, your cries and sorrow filling the empty echoing room.

"Why did you come here?" Loona finally asked.

"I can't get in my apartment until tomorrow," you admitted.

"So your plan is?"

"To stay here until morning."

"Ah...well looks I'm gonna stay here, too" Loona nodded.

"What? No, no, Loona you don't have to do that. You should go home and-"

"Pretty comfortable chair" she said, sitting back in her spot. You chuckled lightly and sat beside her once again.

"Can you do me a favor?" You asked.

"Hm?"

"When you- well the next time you see Blitz can you just, can you just tell him I really, really love him?" You choked out the words.

"Sure, but...are you done at IMP?"

"I...I don't want to be, but...I don't know. I guess it just depends on Blitz. I'm gonna take the weekend to relax and we'll see what Blitz wants but as of now I'll be there on Monday."

Loona smiled and the two of you continued to chat to pass the time.