IV - On The Job Again...

June 11
Seoul Land - 20:33

"Are you fucking kidding me!"

"This was supposed to be my day off, dammit," I grumbled, grabbing Yeosang's wrist rather harshly and struggling through the terrified crowd so I could tug him towards an area behind a far away building.

I snuck through a back door and didn't see anyone in the building. It looked like it was used for storage. I quickly looked around once more and commanded my suit to cover my body.

You know, my suit is interesting. It works purely on my brainwaves and focus, and it's as much a part of me as my hair or lips or hands. If I focus for just a second and think about my suit covering my body, it will. My suit stays on through almost everything and has a bit of resistance to most things, so I don't really feel too much outside pain when wearing it. It's magical, just like my webs. Those are literally made inside my body.

Don't ask me how that works, I have no idea. They just appear at will and I'm gonna assume they're made by how much food I eat. I should test that theory- But not now, I have a villain to destroy.

"Alright, Yeo. Let's do this."

"Rock their shit, Spiderman. They ruined our day off."

With a pained grunt, I flew out an open window and swung my way over to the scene. I gasped.

One of the rides (I think it was a gravity one) was caved in, large debris from another ride on top of it. I dropped to the ground and bystanders immediately called for my help, cheering for me. Someone was running past me, I reacted and grabbed their arm.

"Was there anyone in the ride when it collapsed in?"

They looked terrified. "S-Some people were. O-Only a few, most people were already off, b-but my friend's kids are in there!" I let them go and they ran off.

Right when they disappeared from my sight, a lady crashed into me, her breathing erratic.

"P-Please help my kids! Please! They're trapped inside! Hyunjoon, Minnie, and Naeyoung-"

I gently pried her hands off me and brought her to the side. "I'll get them all out, I promise. Stay here so I know where to bring them, but be careful." She nodded weakly as I left, carefully weaving my way through debris so I could enter the ride.

The center of it, along with the right side, was entirely caved in. There was a hole in the ceiling now, I could get kids out through that - the hole I crawled through was barely big enough for me to fit. I secured the ceiling with some webs and ran around the center to find these kids.

"Spiderman's here to help! How many of you are in here?"

A small voice from the right called out, "Three!"

I slid under part of the fallen roof and secured that as well, looking over towards the kids. The one closest to me was scratch free, protected by his sister, who had cuts and bruises on her arms and face. I couldn't see the third one, though.

"Hyunjoon and..."

"Naeyoung! Minnie's trapped over there-" She pointed to a place completely blocked off from this angle. "P-Please get her out, I d-don't wanna lose my b-big sister," She cried.

I shushed her gently and wiped away her tears. "You won't lose your big sister, Miss Naeyoung. I promise, I'll bring her back to you. For now," I huffed, pushing up the debris I slid under before. "Get out of here."

The two kids crawled their way out. Once they were a bit of a distance away, I let the debris down and picked them up. They held on as tight as they possibly could and I flew out the hole in the roof, bringing the kids over to their mother. Before she could ask about the third, I was gone and back inside the ride.