XXV - She's Gone.

July 1
Horizon Apartments - 10:45

Yeosang didn't even knock. He threw the blue door open and stumbled into the entrance hall. Jongho, upon hearing the noise, immediately bolted into the hallway.

"Who-" Jongho froze.

Yeosang was in shambles. He was hunched over pitifully, eyes glazed over and tears falling down his cheeks at a rapid pace. His breathing was ragged, intensified by the choked sobs scraping his throat.

Jongho stepped forward, and Yeosang all but collapsed in the younger's arms, wailing like a child and desperately clinging to his friend's oversized hoodie. Jongho carefully wrapped his arms around Yeosang and struggled to keep himself calm as he felt Yeosang's body trembling terribly. He cast a worried glance over his shoulder towards the rest of their friends as they all quietly came over to assess what was happening.

Everyone's worry increased when Seonghwa came running into the house in a panic. He immediately fell to his knees next to Yeosang, a stream of curses tumbling past his chapped lips as he attempted to catch his breath. Jongho and the others looked to Seonghwa expectantly, hoping for an explanation but receiving nothing in return. Seonghwa's attention was on Yeosang only.

It didn't take long for the rest of the boys to fall into panic. They looked at each other helplessly, none having a clue of what to do while Yeosang wailed pitifully, now clinging to Seonghwa like his life depended on it. Thankfully, Seonghwa took the initiative in helping Yeosang onto his feet, looking at Jongho and gesturing with his head as if asking permission to enter further into the house. Jongho quickly stood up, motioned for the others to back away, and led Seonghwa into the living room.

Felix swooped in to help clear a spot on the couch for Yeosang, who didn't resist when Seonghwa forced him to sit. Seonghwa then knelt in front of Yeosang, gingerly holding his hands and waiting patiently for the boy to collect himself.

While they waited, the other boys exchanged even more worried looks, some even seeming scared. They all knew where Yeosang and Seonghwa were before coming to Jongho's house, and even though they didn't want to assume anything, they couldn't help but think the worst.

Were Wooyoung and San okay? Were they alive? Was there any news on Wooyoung's mother? Has anyone found her disgusting ex-boyfriend yet?

These thoughts raced through everyone's minds save for Yeosang and Seonghwa but were halted at the sound of a small hiccup.

Yeosang's voice rang out clear as day, though trembling slightly.

"She's gone."

Everyone froze.

Yunho and Mingi stared at Yeosang in shock, Changbin and Yeonjun exchanged horrified glances, Felix and Beomgyu directed their gazes to the floor, and Jongho stumbled back until he hit the wall. None of them said a word.

"She's gone... She's- Mama Jung... She's GONE!" Yeosang heaved out a sob, and Seonghwa quickly scooped him into a hug. "S-She- FUCK! She found out a-about Wooyoung. The hospital they- they tried not to tell her about him, they refused, b-but she found out s-somehow a-and- and her heart f-failed."

Yeosang was choking on his sobs again, pure agony in his cries as he thought about Mama Jung. The woman who took him in and cared for him as if he was her own child, his second mother figure, his best friend's mother... was now never to be seen again.

The others in the room, as if being slapped across the face by Yeosang's cries, came out of their petrified states and moved to comfort each other. Yunho and Mingi held each other closely, knowing full well how amazing of a woman and mother Mama Jung was. Jongho stepped over to the couch and sat next to Yeosang silently, his face grim but rather void of emotions. Yeonjun and Changbin fell to the floor and leaned against each other for support, both having known Mama Jung as well as Yeosang did. Felix and Beomgyu wasted no time in rushing over to their soulmates, holding them comfortingly despite not feeling as much grief as the others, Felix only having met Wooyoung's mother a handful of times and Beomgyu having never met her before.

They all looked up with tear-filled eyes when Seonghwa's soft voice was heard.

"That's not all we found out..." He looked down at Yeosang in his arms and gently stroked the boy's hair. "Cupcake, would you like for me to explain?" He asked quietly.

Yeosang nodded and hiccuped, causing Seonghwa to coo softly and kiss his soulmate's head.

"Okay, so before we were told about Wooyoung's mother, the doctor informed us of San and Wooyoung's conditions. The doctors were able to revive Wooyoung, so he's alive and in the ICU, but that's all we know. San, on the other hand, came back on his own-"

"On his own? Like, he just randomly came back to life?" Felix inquired, seeming rather confused.

"Pretty much, yeah." Seonghwa shrugged. "Because of this, the doctor who gave us that information theorized that WooSan's soulbond might be the only reason both of them are alive. Back to what I was saying before, though, San is almost completely physically stable, but they're keeping him in the ICU for a little while longer just to make sure. We're free to visit him whenever."

Everyone was glad to know that their friend's were alive, but the situation made the news seem very dull. The room fell silent as the group fully processed all the information they've heard.

Well- almost silent.

"For fuck's sake, Yongbok, TURN OFF THE TWICE MUSIC!" Changbin roared, glaring at his stupidly adorable soulmate, who pouted in response.

The others laughed slightly at this small interaction, it being the slight mood lift they needed. Felix did turn off the music, but he sulked about having to cut off Nayeon's angelic voice. His sullen mood quickly went away, however, as he analyzed Yeosang and Seonghwa's position on the couch.

"So," the freckled boy smirked, "how's your relationship going, SeongSang? You two are awfully cozy up on that couch, cuddling into each other and everything."

"I-I'm sorry?" Yeosang sputtered, feeling awfully warm all of a sudden.

Seonghwa perked up at this. "Oh, our relationship? Well, it's not really anything past physical stuff at the moment but-"

"WHAT!?"

Yeosang suddenly wished he could trade places with WooSan.

--

DAAARRRRLINGGGGG, GUESS WHO'S BACK FROM WRITER'S BLOCKKKK
hi, hello, I've missed you all, and this story
I'm so excited to be writing again, but also so scared I'll burn out again
anyway- happy update dayyyy (and happy birthday to meeee)

if any of the formatting is messed up, please excuse me, wattpad hates my phone

p.s. the next two chaps are flashbacks, so please don't get confused when they come out 😭🙏