XIII - Well Shit...

June 21
Outside Jung Family Home - 03:25

"You mother. FUCKING. BASTARD!" I stomped towards him, murder quite literally on my mind in that moment. "Are you fucking serious!?"

He feigned innocence but his disheveled appearance gave him away. "W-What do you mean?"

"YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!" I tried to move forward more but was pulled back by a few police officers. They forced me back and back until I ducked down and slipped past, running right up to my mom's boyfriend's - no, Ren's - face.

"I don't know what you're talking about, Wooyoung." He said stiffly.

I pulled him down by his shirt collar. "You know damn well what I'm talking about, Ren." My voice rose as I continued talking, "She's over there DYING in the back of an ambulance while you're over here, sneaking out like you always do and probably fucking other women! Which, by the way, I wouldn't be surprised at all by considering the way you look right now."

Ren's face shifted to one of disgusted anger towards me and I only returned the look, scanning over his appearance for the millionth time since he got here.

His hair was a knotted mess, his lips were swollen and his cheeks flushed, his shirt was wrinkled and I could easily see hickeys on his neck with some smeared lipstick around them. Not to mention the smell of cheap perfume grew stronger the closer I got to him.

"I know damn well that my mother uses Tiffany Co. perfumes, not some cheap dollar store bullshit - which you reek of, by the way. It couldn't be any more obvious that you're screwing around with other women!"

I don't think I was in control of my body anymore. My feet kept moving forward, my hands kept forcing Ren back.

He glared down at me. "What caused the fire, Wooyoung?" He said it like he already knew.

"A fireman said there was a toppled over candle in my mom's room." No...

"You're always lighting those stupid fucking candles," I whispered, still forcing him to back up.

"WOO, STOP!"

'Why should I?'

Why should I have to stop? It's his fucking fault, right?

"Don't tell me I'm right. My thoughts better be incorrect, Ren." The bitch only grinned but shook his head. "This was why you were always leaving during the night, wasn't it?" My voice rose higher once again. "You're fucking sick!"

"I don't know what you're talking about, Wooyoung." His voice was dark and hollow. "I only ever left tonight."

"LIAR!"

I proceeded to yell at him, naming all the exact days and nights he disappeared, only to show up right before my mom's alarms went off. Continuously, I had to shove random hands away from me as they tried to pull me back.

'Don't touch me. Let me hurt him.'

But then I was forcibly yanked back by two grips I couldn't pull away from, only then realizing my hand was raised in a fist and Ren had flinched back, stumbling against his car.

I looked up and saw Yeonjun and Changbin. When the fuck did they get here? My body felt rigid in their grip.

'Don't fucking touch me.'

"GET OFF ME-"

"Wooyoung, please calm down-" Yeosang started, but I cut him off.

"TELL THEM TO LET ME GO-"

"No, Woo! Just breathe-"

"NO!"

"Hey, dipshit!" Yeosang gripped my shirt collar tightly and yanked it forward, his eyes just barely softening when he saw the tears in mine. "Calm the fuck down. Breathe. Yes, Ren's a fucking asshole, but don't lay hands on him. You'll only-"

"Make things worse?"

"Yes-"

"Shut up." I didn't acknowledge how Yeonjun and Changbin both gasped. I grabbed Yeosang's hand and tore it off my shirt. My voice was dark, full of emotion yet empty at the same time. "I don't care. Now let me the fuck go."

Yeo backed away a few feet, shocked, while my two other friends slowly and reluctantly released their grips on me. Their next words never reached my ears as I wasted no time in bolting over to the ambulance, getting in the back just before they closed the doors and drove away.

I forced myself not to look at my mother's full condition, knowing I wouldn't be able to handle it. Instead, I just looked at her hand closest to me and gingerly took it in my own, placing the softest kiss on the back of it. I then rested my arms on the edge of the bed and laid my head on them, staring at the floor and never letting go of her hand.

I zoned out to the sound of EMTs and medics shuffling around, tending to my mother while trying to move around me as best they could.

Maybe I felt a little bad for blocking their path, but I didn't have the energy to care. My mind was far, far away from reality throughout the entire ride to the ER. The only real thing I recognized was the smell of burnt flesh, sanitizer and other cleaning products, and just straight up chemicals.

It burned. It burned to breathe in those scents. But I endured it to stay by my mother's side. I made a promise to myself years ago to never leave my mother's side and/or abandon her when she needs me the most, and right now, she needs me more than ever.

'But I need you so much more, mama... You're all I have left... I almost lost you once, please not again...'

Next thing I knew, we were at the hospital and my mother was being rushed inside while I was ushered over to the waiting room.

I spent the entire day in that waiting room, in the same chair, same position. My consciousness never came back. My eyes just stared blankly ahead at the wall. There were no thoughts in my head at all.

Until one managed to seep through. One that brought everything crashing down all at once.

My soulmate saw everything.

He saw my face.

"Shit..."

'Now what the fuck do I do?'

--

I feel like I should feel sorry for what I've done...
but I don't :P

I only have up to chapter 15 prewritten...
I should really start working on the others-