VIII - Exhausted, Bored, and Stuck Inside

June 20
Choi Manner - 12:45

He couldn't move. Every fiber of his being was getting weaker and weaker by the second. His neck hurt so bad that if he had the energy to cry, he would. But he didn't even have energy for that.

He's been stuck in bed for days, unable to do any of the things he used to. He couldn't even do his homeschooling and he barely had to get up for that. All he could really do was sit around and examine his room.

The walls were a baby blue, having been that way since he was small. There were little stars on the ceiling that glowed in the dark and a lava lamp on his desk with a ton of books and papers crowded next to it. He had a fluffy white carpet on the floor and white blackout curtains covering all his windows, and there were fairy lights strung up all around the ceiling.

After the first day or two, though, staring around his room grew boring. He was always bored nowadays, since he couldn't do very much.

Though his parents tried to help him with most things, which he was grateful for, he was also irritated with them because all they wanted to do was talk about the situation. All he wanted to do was ignore it. As much as he possibly could, he would ignore it. Because every time he thought about it, it felt like he was being torn in two.

The only upside to this whole situation is sometimes, when he'd look out the only uncovered window in his room, he'd see him. He'd see his soulmate. And whenever his soulmate was near, he'd get just enough energy to crawl over to the window and watch his soulmate swing past.

It hasn't happened in days, though.

The last time he saw him was at the amusement park, when he'd saved him and Mingi.

'I knew it was a bad idea to go out that day... Why didn't Mingi just listen? Now look at him...'

The boy sighed, struggling to turn onto his side to look out his window.

'Will you show up today? I dearly hope so...'

Just as he sighed and closed his eyes, he felt his heart rate pick up. Suddenly, he felt like every muscle in his body was back to normal. He felt energized.

Without wasting a single second, he jumped up from his bed and ran over to his closet, throwing on a large hoodie that almost completely covered his shorts. He bolted out of his room and down the stairs, quickly slipping on his shoes and walking outside.

'Can't stay cooped up inside all day, gotta take this chance while I can.'

His plan was to take a short walk around the block, get some exercise since he hasn't been able to like he usually does.

That plan was a bust. He barely made it down the last step before he froze, his knees buckling and crashing into the pavement underneath him.

'Too close-'

Right across the street, on the rooftop of an apartment building, stood his soulmate.

'What is he doing...?'

The boy watched as Spiderman looked around, spinning in a slow circle.

There isn't much to this part of the city. Big houses for wealthy people lined the streets, a few cafes and convenience stores and gas stations every now and then, too. Families and friends walked around, played in their yards, and just hung around, enjoying the beautiful day outside.

Spiderman seemed to be chilling and wandering around, as well, but he also seemed like he was looking for something. Maybe... someone?

'What if he's looking for me...? I know he feels it, too.'

He wondered if he should call out to Spiderman or not. He's not the only one who noticed the hero was there, kids and others pointed him out to each other, seeming excited. Probably because it's rare to see him this close, especially when he's not fighting or saving anyone.

But no one called out to just say "hello" or anything.

'Maybe I could say hi? Gosh, there's so many people around...'

He sat down on the steps and decided he would call out to his soulmate. It didn't matter what happened after that, at least he'd know where to find the boy.

Unfortunately, when he looked back up from the ground, he saw Spiderman turn and face away from him, jumping off the building only to swing into the air seconds later.

The boy on the steps gasped and tears threatened to blur his vision as his heart lurched inside his chest. He stood, only to stumble forward and fall onto his knees. The pain in his knees from dirt and rocks digging into them was nothing compared to the burning blisters covering his soulmark, his hand coming up to cover said mark while he prayed for the pain to just go away.

With his ears feeling like they were full of water, he was unable to hear as the front door of his house opened and two people came over to him. He barely felt how his father's strong arms wrapped around him and lifted him up. He barely felt his mother's hand push the hair out of his face as she spoke.

"San, get inside. You know you shouldn't be out here like this."

"H-How will I ever f-find him if I'm never a-aloud outside?"

San's mother didn't respond, nor did his father. The two led him back into the house and brought him into the living room, laying him on the couch.

"You need to eat, it's been days," His mother sighed. "What would you like?"

"Nothing..." San mumbled.

His father began walking to the kitchen. "Pancakes it is."

"Don't forget the green tea latte," His mother chuckled, turning on the TV before following his dad into the kitchen.

San stared blankly at the screen, the hand that was hanging off the couch now moving to pet the cat, who had nudged it a second earlier.

"Hey, Byeol," The boy mumbled.

The cat looked up at him with big eyes before leaping onto the couch, kneading San's arm a bit before curling up by his chest.

San just smiled and proceeded to gently stroke Byeol's fur.

'I fucking love this cat...'

--

woohoo new pov !!
San has now officially been introduced, how y'all feeling?

I, personally, want his cat

I WANT