VII - Hanging Out With Mom~

Unknown

I looked all around me frantically, the hairs on my neck standing up. The room I was in was entirely white; walls, floors, ceiling - all white.

It was cold, too. Beyond cold, actually, it was freezing.

When I turned around again with a shiver, there was a singular body length mirror sitting there. My reflection was nothing but a blurred silhouette, glowing slightly.

Someone appeared behind me.

It was my soulmate. He wasn't blurry or anything like I was, he was just normal.

It wasn't cold anymore. It was actually very warm now, almost boiling.

Suddenly, I was sitting in a chair, my soulmate on my lap with my arms around his waist, his back leaning against my chest.

It felt right, yet so, so wrong at the same time.

He opened his mouth to speak.

Only three words came out.

"Help me, Spidey..."

--

June 14
Jung Family Home - 09:30

I woke up with a strangled gasp. I clutched at my throat and the back of my neck and cried out, heaving for breaths. Tears welled up in my eyes and some tumbled down my cheeks, dripping onto my blanket or getting caught in my mouth.

My sobs only got louder as my mom ran into my room, pulling me into her arms gently. I was openly bawling at this point and I didn't even care.

It just hurt so bad. I wanted it to stop.

'Stop. Stop. Please, just stop!'

My mom ran a hand through my hair as I choked on my sobs, struggling to intake oxygen.

"Sshh... Follow my breathing, sweetheart."

I tried my hardest to match her breathing and eventually, I got one deep breath in. After that, two. Then three, then four, and soon enough, I was in control of my breathing again and just holding my mom tightly as tears dropped from my eyes all on their own, catching in my lashes and obscuring my vision. And probably soaking part of her shirt, too.

I pulled away slightly after a few minutes, mumbling quietly, "S-Sorry about your shirt... It's all wet now..."

She chuckled lightly, wiping away my tears, "Don't worry about that, sweetheart, this shirt means nothing to me." She smiled at me and despite my disheveled appearance and how awful I felt, I smiled back at her. That's just the effect my mom has on people.

She pulled me into another hug before planting a kiss on my forehead and grabbing one of my hands.

"I received a call last night from your school. I'm not too mad about you ditching your classes, I just hope you won't have to do it again. Would you be able to tell me what caused you to do that?"

I let out a heavy sigh, playing with the old ring on my mom's finger.

"Everything was fine until lunch... I could tell everyone was worried throughout the day - I mean, look at me-" I motioned towards myself with my free hand. "-I'm a complete mess. I think I looked a little worse than this yesterday, though..."

She tilted her head down - her way of telling someone to continue speaking.

"I was stumbling around places and admitted that I wasn't feeling well before trying to change the subject. Of course, Mingi had to start asking about soulmates." I heard a quiet hum as my mom connected some dots in her brain.