VI - Sick And Tired of Everything.

June 13
Seoul's KQ High - 12:15

I'm so tired.

My head aches and my nose is stuffed, my lungs burning from the little lack of oxygen. Pretty sure my throat is swollen, too. It hurts to eat, to drink, to breathe, to live.

Not to mention I couldn't get the images of Mingi and my soulmate from the amusement  park out of my head.

I stumbled and landed next to Yeosang on the ground, whimpering and bumping my head against his shoulder. I didn't even reach out to ruffle Jongho's hair like I usually do.

"Bubs, are you alright?"

Oh how tempted I was to lie. It would be no use to try, sadly, because my appearance tells it all. My hair is messy, my eyebags more prominent than ever, my eyes stuffy and red, my nose just the same. I didn't even dress up today like I normally would. I just wore gray sweatpants with my favorite light green hoodie. I also forgot a mask, so it's pretty obvious how sick I am with my pale skin.

"Everything but," I mumbled, taking Jongho's free hand with my sweater paws and messing with it. "Let's talk about something else that isn't my shitty health, please."

"We could talk about my shitty health," Mingi suggested.

"Let's not, Min," Yunho cringed, placing a gentle hand on Mingi's shoulder. The boy just shrugged.

"What about... soulmates?" My body instinctively tensed up. I felt Yeo's arm wrap around my waist. "Yunho and I have each other, Yeosang has his boy, Changbin and Felix have each other... What about you three?" Mingi wondered, looking over at me, Yeonjun, and Jongho.

"No luck, sadly," Jongho sighed, unbuttoning part of his shirt to reveal the little Yin on the center of his chest.

I pat his hand and shook it around, ignoring the pain in my neck for now. "You'll find them soon, Jjong. I know it!" He smiled at me and we all looked over at Yeonjun.

The boy sighed, picking at the petunia flower on the back of his left hand. "One of my friends from another school said they might've found my perfect match. Petunias are a very popular flower for hummingbirds, and that's what he said the boy had on his left hand so..."

Everyone perked up at this. Everyone but me.

"That's good!" Changbin exclaimed. "Let's hope this kid really is your soulmate!"

"Yeah..."

It fell silent after that. I saw how Felix and Yunho looked at me expectantly while Mingi was distracted by the cast on his arm. I lifted one of my hands under my hood and brushed it over the large bandage over my soulmark, letting my hand drop down after as I turned my head away from their prying eyes.

"Wooyoung?"

I didn't answer and adjusted my position so I was laying on my side and my head was in Yeosang's lap.

"Um... Yeo-" I kinda saw how Yeosang shook his head before looking down at me. He pushed my hood back a bit and ran his hand through my hair - something I enjoyed the feeling of. It calmed me down.

"Did... something happen?" Felix's quiet voice barely reached my ears but it caused my breath to hitch and my soulmark burned even more, getting harder to ignore.

I grit my teeth and focused on Jongho's soft voice.

"He clearly doesn't feel comfortable right now, guys. And he obviously doesn't want to talk about it, so stop-"

"Jagi, c'mon! You can tell us if-"

"I'm fine!" I snapped, causing Yeonjun to snap his mouth shut.

Silence coated us like a thick blanket, suffocating me. As I sat up, my hood fell down and I gasped. My back was facing everyone but Yeosang, and they could easily see the bandage on my neck.

"Jagi!" Yeonjun gasped.

I stood up completely and whirled around to face him. "STOP CALLING ME THAT! You're not my fucking soulmate, so quit it! IT'S FUCKING ANNOYING!" My eyes widened when I realized what I'd done.

I have never yelled at Yeonjun, one of my best friends, before. Ever.

'Shit...'

My fists clenched and I glared down at Felix before he could even start speaking.

"Don't."

"I just wanna see-"

"You wanna see my soulmark?!" I ripped off the bandage and turned my back to him, pushing up my hair. "Well here it fucking is! Now shut the hell up about it!" Changbin tried to grab my hand but I slapped his hand away, stomping around him.

"Wooyoung!"

"No."

"Hyung, wait, please!" Jongho called after me as I began running towards the school building, just wanting to get away. I ignored his call and harshly wiped away the tears in my eyes, tugging my bag out of my locker when I got to it and storming out of the building.

I don't care if I get reprimanded for ditching classes, I'm not dealing with any of this right now.

As I trudged down the street, I dug around in my bag, searching for my headphones. When I found them, I quickly connected them to my phone and put my playlist on shuffle. I sat down on a bench at a nearby park and listened as Jimin's voice in Blood, Sweat & Tears played through my headphones, drowning out any other sounds.

I wonder if any of the BTS members have found their soulmate...

'Don't think about that right now.'

I leaned back against the bench and closed my eyes, sighing heavily while attempting to relax my body. It took a while, the length of four songs for me to finally be able to relax, loosening my muscles and blocking any thoughts from my mind.

I stayed like that for a while. I wasn't aware of how much time passed by until I received a text message from my mother. She was only asking what I wanted for dinner tonight. I didn't pay attention to her text, though.

The time on my phone read 15:45.

'I was here for that long? Well shit...'

My mom obviously didn't know that I wasn't home yet. She was just now leaving work, so I had about 25 minutes to get home.

'I'm not even hungry... I feel too sick... I don't think I'll be eating tonight.'

I never responded to my mom's text. I shoved my phone and my headphones in my bag and, with a heavy groan, stood up from the bench and stretched. With my bag over my shoulder, I began walking home.

My phone continued to vibrate every now and then, but I simply ignored it. No more social interactions for the day. I'm done with it, not in the mood.

When I reached my house, I threw the door open, slammed it shut, and right after throwing my shoes somewhere, I stormed up the stairs and down the hall to my bedroom. Before tossing my bag across the room, I took my phone out and threw it on my bedside table, scoffing at the amount of notifications displayed on the screen.

'What do they want?'

I flopped onto my bed and buried myself in blankets and pillows.

'I'm not curious enough to check. I'll scan through the group chat in the morning.'

I spent the rest of the night staring at the wall. When my mom knocked on my door, I told her to just leave me alone, and I didn't go downstairs for dinner. I wouldn't be able to keep anything down if I did, my stomach felt so weak at the moment.

At some point while laying there, I had thrown my blanket off the bed and rolled over to check the time.

22:38

I passed out almost immediately after that.

--

:D

rip Wooyoung-

To my friend who just so happens so be an Wooyoung stan, I apologize for the pain I'm putting him through

it'll get better, I promise... haha...