XXIII - No Breathing, No Beating.

June 30
Center of Seoul - 18:51

My vision went completely black and at first, I thought I passed out, but I quickly realized that was not the case. The inky liquid was coming out of my eyes, totally obscuring my vision, and it was dripping slowly from my ears, making it nearly impossible to hear. I could feel it filling up my lungs and blocking my airways, causing me to choke and grab at my throat with weak arms.

The legs protruding from my back felt like they were being cut off with a searing hot knife, but they were simply melting away, coating my back with the sticky tar they were made of. Every other spider leg I had conjured up was melting away as well, flooding the streets even more.

It seemed as though the tar was still a part of me, though, as I could feel every movement of the people below me. I didn't need to see them to know they were running around frantically, trying to find a position that would make it easy to catch me. Their clothes were nearly completely covered by now, I could feel almost every movement from every person, and with their clothes being stuck to their skin, I could feel their rapid heartbeats and ragged breaths.

But one heartbeat stood out the most to me. One that was almost normal, coated in an icy calm that was all too familiar to me.

Yeosang.

'Why is he trying to save me...? He should be staying still... I hurt him...'

The gentle rhythm of Yeosang's breaths slightly calmed my panic, and I chose to focus on that instead of the burning pain I was feeling. Soon enough, though, my pain began to ebb, and along with it, my consciousness. It slowly began to fade away, but strangely enough, another heartbeat still managed to break through the barrier of blood and tar in my ears, and it sounded clearer than anything else.

Even clearer than Yeosang's heartbeat had been.

It was a heartbeat that was growing more and more rapid by the second. One that seemed to skip a beat every now and then, along with the staggering breaths the person released. But then my eyes shot open and they went clear for a few moments as a realization dawned on me.

I looked down and saw my beloved soulmate in the crowd, trying his hardest to run towards me.

Every time I stopped breathing, his heart stopped beating.

And then it seemed as if my realization only made it harder for me to breathe. I was gasping for air now, but nearly nothing entered my lungs.

They were too full of the nasty, foul-smelling, blood-soaked, tar-like gunk that for some ungodly reason I willingly chose to put into my body.

'What greater being thought it would be a good idea to make me a hero when I can't even save myself?'

I choked on one last attempt at getting oxygen in my system before I couldn't do it any longer. No matter how hard I tried, my lungs were completely full of the wrong thing. It burned. It burned worse than the fire that raged through my house, and left scars that would never heal unlike my mother's.

Mother...

'I'm so sorry, mama...'

My body felt like it was submerged in the arctic sea the moment I stopped breathing.

Because when I stopped breathing, his heart stopped beating. And since I physically could not get air into my lungs, his heart could not beat, no matter how hard it tried.

My eyes were trained on San. His heartbeat was stuttering now, and his steps were staggering. My eyes followed his every move as he slowed down, no one else noticing how he stared at me with horrified eyes as he froze and then collapsed.

'What have I done..?'

I asked myself that question over and over as I watched the boy with brown hair with a white streak in the front fall to the ground, his eyes still glazed with terror. My own eyes were turning blurry as the seconds went on, my vision fading to black every other second.

My consciousness had nearly left me at this point, along with the spider legs that had previously slowed my fall.

I was free falling, and nothing was going to stop me.

Nothing but Yeosang. In the end, it was always Yeosang who stopped me from falling to my death - literally and figuratively.

I knew he, and everyone else, was watching me intently, so with my last bit of strength, I pointed with my left arm over to where San was laying on the ground. Through the sludge coating the street, I felt someone jerk away and run over to San, but I didn't know who it was, my vision was too blurry and my head was absolutely throbbing.

Just before I finally blacked out, I could make out the faces of Yeosang and Changbin as they reached out to catch me. Yeosang's face was covered with blood - his blood - and tar, and he scrunched his nose at the foul smell.

Changbin's face was mostly clean, a few smears of tar and dirt here and there, but that was pretty much it. His face was blank and his eyes empty.

'Changbin knew this would happen... He always knows...'

There were multiple bystanders around, trying to catch me just like Yeosang and Changbin.

'If I die, let these people only remember the good deeds I've done as Spiderman.'

That was my last thought before I finally let myself go.

--

"WOOYOUNG!"

"He's unconscious... EVERYBODY MOVE, HE NEEDS TO GET TO THE HOSPITAL!"

"Y-Yeosang... We've g-got another problem..."

While Changbin was focused on taking Wooyoung into his arms, Yeosang snapped his head over to look behind him, nearly regretting it when a searing pain shot through his head. He winced and gasped, clutching his head with one hand and reaching out towards the person who called him with his other hand.

"Mingi... W-What happened? What's w-wrong with San!?"

"Wooyoung p-pointed at him just before you guys caught him... Yeosang, h-his heart isn't beating!"

--

lmao
...this entire chapter is just Wooyoung falling wtf 💀
I don't know why it was so hard for me to write this chapter but it was, so if you see any mistakes or if anything seems weird kindly just ignore it-
um... Happy Thanksgiving for those who celebrate ig-