Chapter 3 - Social Anxiety

(A/N): Just a heads up! K/DA at this point has not been created. Alright, continue.

*** ***** ***

Openly treated with a strong scent of aromatics and what you believed to be someone cooking or baking in your home, you enter the hallway and quietly walk to your apartment door. You silently kick off your ragged shoes, leaving you barefoot on the harsh wooden flooring.

Bringing your hand to the doorknob, an audible muttering of thoughts you heard from the other side as you bring your ears closer, pressing the side of your face gently on the varnished wooden door.

Don't screw this up, Ahri. He'll be back any minute.

You quietly let out a light chuckle yet immediately following your laugh was a sudden crash of pots and pans. Instinctively turning the doorknob with a look of concern on your face, you are greeted by the sight of Ahri on her knees by the couch, a visible look of distraught and disappointment in herself. You quickly rush over to her, placing a gentle hand on her shoulder.

"Ahri?" you stroke her cheek before bringing your finger down and lifting her chin. "Everything alright?"

Her lips tremble, almost as if she was going to cry. You make an attempt at calming her down, bringing her into an open hug, to which she lets out a few deep breaths.

"D-Does it look like everything is okay?"

You take the opportunity to glance at the surrounding area. Your apartment had seen better days, no doubt. Apart from the mess you two had made doing some very dirty and unclean business, your eyes were unquestionably attracted to the kitchen, which in and of itself was a certain state of disarray you couldn't have imagined. Ingredients and cutlery were littered all over the messy floor, with pots and pans, spoons and forks, all cluttered in the sink or shoved into a corner by the wall. All the disorganization quite literally represented your life before Ahri, although you weren't that messy before her return.

You amusingly glance back at her.

"Well, certainly wasn't as bad as what we did to my humble abode yesterday," you joke, calmly stroking both her hair and tails. "But, there is undoubtedly a new mess in my kitchen. I suppose you don't know anything about it, do you?"

She gives you a half-hearted angry punch at your shoulder but quickly gets off her knees, to which you do the same.

"I-I was trying to make some dinner, f-for us. I wanted it to be done before you came back, but I guess the time pressure got to me, and well, I guess you know what happened," Ahri nervously reveals. You let out a sigh, scratching her fox ears in the process.

"It certainly looks like someone tried to set the apartment on fire, that's for sure," you say. She rubs her arms bashfully, but you lean down and surprise her with a quick kiss. "Though I do appreciate the gesture, Ahri. Maybe just stick to making music in your spare time, otherwise, the apartment is definitely going to burn down."

She lightly slaps you on the neck, trying her hardest to keep an angry pout on her beautiful face. Yet, you knew your smile was going to break her in two, to which she quickly let out a dejected sigh and gave you a little nibble on your lower neck.

"Fine," she reluctantly agrees. Her mood shifts as she lowers herself down on the couch, criss-crossing her legs and patting the cushion beside her. You accept the gesture, quietly sitting down. She brings your bodies close by repositioning herself to be on your lap, wrapping her arms around your neck. "I want to talk about something."