Chapter 13 - A True Escapade (LEMON)

*** ***** ***

Was there any better way to wake up than with the shimmering sunset soaking into your skin and a glimmering gemstone held with a bear's clutch in your arms?

"Never..." you mumbled, your breathing relaxed and drawn out. Your eyes couldn't be helped but gaze at the entrancing scene before you, a scene you had all too well remembered beforehand. Ocean blue skies above with just a touch of wispy clouds, grading into an orange horizon with the setting sun casting its final rays of light. There was something special, something magnificent. And something relieving.

The sunset, it's not blood red, you chuckled, recalling that memory. That was a good sign - meant you weren't far from reality, despite it seeming as such. After all, you still couldn't fathom the position you were in, unable to wrap your head around the fact that you had reunited with her. Whether it was disbelief that it all went along without much so as an argument or the revelation that she genuinely cared and loved for you, so much so as to willingly scorch her own desires, it was walking on cloud nine.

"Purrr-r~" Ahri snoozed, the tired rumbling of her breathing shot straight into the core of your heart. You lay a soft and gentle hand on her back, rubbing her tantalizingly smooth skin through the silky fabric of her oversized t-shirt.

Geez, was she clingy or what?

So much as to interrupt your escape to a fonder peace of mind, it was probably for the best that you brought her to bed, allowing you at least a few spare moments alone to ponder a few more life-altering thoughts. Placing your hands firmly on her lower back and wrapping her perfect frame in your arms, you lift her and yourself off the couch.

In an instinctive move, you could feel her body press closer to yours, her arms wrapping tighter around your midframe with her head resting gently on your shoulder. You shake your head, a light smile forming on your face at her unconscious displays of affection.

Careful to not wake her up, you make your way at a snail's pace to the second floor of the large duplex, gently nudging the unlocked master bedroom door with your foot open. An immediate waft of fragrant gentle lilacs hit your nose, the aroma of the room making it no less obvious that it was the correct room. A room you fondly, or really un-fondly, remember.

"Let's get you into bed, shall we?" you muttered in quiet, carrying your gemstone across the room and toward the all-encompassing king-sized bed. How she slept on this on the daily at all was a mystery all too unknown to you.

Gently unraveling her arms from around your torso and her latched legs from your waist, you lay her down onto the soft awaiting mattress, tucking her body into the weighted duvet. Almost in an instant could you see her body relax and melt into the bed, a relief of spirit that you could only attribute to her lack of quality sleep from the past many months of drowning sorrow and tension.

Never again...

You turn to the balcony with its beautiful all-reaching view of the Piltover skyline. It was certainly a spectacle to behold, a captivating sight to any and all who got a sliver of a chance to see it in all its glory. You couldn't help but be entranced by its enthralling sights, never ever getting the chance to view it to its fullest sense. Ahri was really lucky...

"It's nice, right?"

Two gentle arms came crawling back, wrapping and squeezing around your waist. Rolling your eyes once more, you promptly twist around to stare into her hazel eyes.