Chapter 8 - Inspire

*** ***** ***

(In the Middle of the Night)

...

...

...

"W-Wake up..."

You squeeze your eyes shut again as you roll over, darkness slowly returning itself to your clouded mind.

...

...

...

Prod.

Your body violently jerks towards the direction of the figure who had poked you, eyes opening in a groggy delirium. You hear a voice cut through again.

"(Y-Y/N)?"

Hit with an aroma of flowery perfume, you let out a shaky groan of weariness. All that you had in your vision was a sheet of pink hair and a darkened face.

"Sera?" your low voice whispered. Atoning your vision to the darkness, you discern the emotions on Seraphine's face as it lowers to yours - she evidently had trouble sleeping, an ominous dread surrounding her current feelings. Fear laced her eyes.

"I-I can't sleep. The same nightmare, over and over..."

Recalling the preceding conversation you had had with her, it certainly hadn't been a smooth-sailing dream ride that she had been a part of for the past several months. Neither had it been with you, yet you had been more used to it, having had nightmares for years on end now. So, you could vaguely understand where she was coming from.

"C'mere," you huff out, subconsciously opening up your arms.

Hesitant, Seraphine pauses for a moment, and you take the same amount of time to notice what you were doing.

You had hardly gotten to know Seraphine, having her go through this pain-staking supervision of your own mistakes even if under her own volition, and already inviting her seemingly pervertedly into your arms.

What kind of person were yo -

Seraphine crashes into your arms, knocking the wind out of your body for a split second. Her breathing, formerly labored and uneasy, soothes into calm deep breaths, her heated exhalation brushing past the nape of your neck and dispersing into the cold cushions. Her body pushes against yours, rubbing to attract and connect the warmth between you two even if you had no warmth to share in the first place. You put on a light smile, feeling her chest expand and contract with deep inhales.

"T-Thank you..."

...

...

...

No, thank you...

*** ***** ***

(Morning After)

Awake and as alert as you were for having quite literally a heavy night, a meager frown begins to form on your face as you sluggishly roll Sera's resting body off of yours and into your sleeping spot.